permissions denied

View previous topic View next topic Go down

permissions denied

Post by eastybeasty on Fri 19 Jun 2015, 20:54

Hi

I'm maybe missing something obvious. I've downloaded the sims 4 then the fix (the most up to date one that i could see) but having trouble getting past the first hurdle! I followed the steps from the sims 3 post: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix#. I went to The Sims 4 folder, changed the permissions to a tick next to full control, change and read for everyone (the only group / user name mentioned). Thought it would be easier trying to change that one folder instead of individual ones. For some reason I am still having permissions denied errors. I've tried restarting in case that solved the issue but it's still exactly the same. Surely I dont have to go through each folder within the sims 4 folder that has permissions problems? I have tried to solve this myself but not managed so far.

thanks in advance

eastybeasty
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: permissions denied

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:27

@eastybeasty wrote:Hi

I'm maybe missing something obvious. I've downloaded the sims 4 then the fix (the most up to date one that i could see) but having trouble getting past the first hurdle! I followed the steps from the sims 3 post: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix#. I went to The Sims 4 folder, changed the permissions to a tick next to full control, change and read for everyone (the only group / user name mentioned). Thought it would be easier trying to change that one folder instead of individual ones. For some reason I am still having permissions denied errors. I've tried restarting in case that solved the issue but it's still exactly the same. Surely I dont have to go through each folder within the sims 4 folder that has permissions problems? I have tried to solve this myself but not managed so far.

thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

You will need to repeat the process for the "superordinate"-folders, namely the ones "above" The Sims 4. So that will be...Electronic Arts -> Program files(x86) -> C. 

Other than thatI'm unsure what is going on, in your computer. Are you logged in as the Administrator on that computer ? And are you sure you followed all steps from the guide completely ?

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13490

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum