Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by serika on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 14:59

Up until a couple months ago (which was the last time I ever played Sims 4 since I got busy with school), Sims 4 was working fine. A month ago, I downloaded Get to Work but didn't install it until today. I figured that with a 1.7 fix out, I'd just download and install that, too. Which I did. Then when I tried to start up the game, I get the "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4.".

I read the threads/fixes here with the security thing. I already did that with my Norton 360. What I was unable to do was the Windows Firewall -- since I can't edit anything on it, because it says "Norton 360 is handling/manging it".

Anyway, the Sims 4 base game I got was from a torrent from this site. The Get to Work expansion was also from this site. And I downloaded the latest Ultimate fix from this site using the torrent option.

Is there anything else I might've missed? Or do I have to wait for a new fix for this? I swear it was just working last time-- and the last time this happened (same error, around Feb/March), I got it to work by doing something with the RldOrigin.dll or RldOrigin.ini (not sure anymore, but I swear I remember copy pasting some other file to replace the original one in the Sims 4 directory)?

serika
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 794
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:04

@serika wrote:
Up until a couple months ago (which was the last time I ever played Sims 4 since I got busy with school), Sims 4 was working fine. A month ago, I downloaded Get to Work but didn't install it until today. I figured that with a 1.7 fix out, I'd just download and install that, too. Which I did. Then when I tried to start up the game, I get the "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4.".
I read the threads/fixes here with the security thing. I already did that with my Norton 360. What I was unable to do was the Windows Firewall -- since I can't edit anything on it, because it says "Norton 360 is handling/manging it".
Anyway, the Sims 4 base game I got was from a torrent from this site. The Get to Work expansion was also from this site. And I downloaded the latest Ultimate fix from this site using the torrent option.
Is there anything else I might've missed? Or do I have to wait for a new fix for this? I swear it was just working last time-- and the last time this happened (same error, around Feb/March), I got it to work by doing something with the RldOrigin.dll or RldOrigin.ini (not sure anymore, but I swear I remember copy pasting some other file to replace the original one in the Sims 4 directory)?


Hello and welcome to the forum,


I don't have that much experiene with Norton, but I did help another user on here back then fix the issue - successfully. She couldn't configure her Wondows firewall as well, because Norton was "handling it already".

What you need to do now...is this: look inside your Norton. can you configure the firewall inside Norton, or even tunr it off completely ? Or add the necessary exclusions, that you would have added to your Windows firewall, directly into the Norton firewall.

You obviously have read the long post that I wrote about configuring anti-virus systems and firewalls; but a lot of people overlook that moden anti-virus system often have firewalls included too, which may or may not conflict with the Windows firewall.

So please check the available options inside your Norton firewall, and feel free to let us know about your progress. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by serika on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 16:15

I have tried to run the game with Norton's Firewall and Antivirus off, but I still get the same error. However, on my Norton, I already placed the Sims 4 folder and it's necessary files into exclusion-- it still gives me the same warning.

I haven't been able to actually edit anything on the Windows Firewall because I don't know how to make Norton stop from taking over the Windows Firewall.


Earlier (before I read the reply to this thread), I uninstalled the game completely (though, I doubt I was able to clean any off the registry related to the game since I don't have CCleaner or similar software installed). Then I first installed the base game, which actually worked. I then installed Get To Work and when I tried turning it on, it said I needed to get a newer version of the game or update it. So I installed the latest fix and I get the Origin warning again.

serika
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 794
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by kalelum on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 18:14

Go into Orgin client change the settings to no not "keep orgin updated ect" and then "reinstall Orgin" if is comes up with something like "do you want to still install this because the there is an updated version of orgin"  just click yes and it will install the version before the update that makes more than every game not work then after that is installed open up Orgin and make sure it doesn't update it's self and it'll run sims 4 again hope this helps because i had the same problem

kalelum
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 799
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 08:28

@serika wrote:I have tried to run the game with Norton's Firewall and Antivirus off, but I still get the same error. However, on my Norton, I already placed the Sims 4 folder and it's necessary files into exclusion-- it still gives me the same warning.

I haven't been able to actually edit anything on the Windows Firewall because I don't know how to make Norton stop from taking over the Windows Firewall.


Earlier (before I read the reply to this thread), I uninstalled the game completely (though, I doubt I was able to clean any off the registry related to the game since I don't have CCleaner or similar software installed). Then I first installed the base game, which actually worked. I then installed Get To Work and when I tried turning it on, it said I needed to get a newer version of the game or update it. So I installed the latest fix and I get the Origin warning again.


Sorry to hear about that, but in the end, it's up to you how to configure Norton. As I said before though; I remember helping (at least) one user on here back then who had Norton too. And she managed to get the game working just fine. She just had to configure/turn off that Norton firewall.

That's all I can say, sorry again.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by serika on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:39

@kalelum wrote:Go into Orgin client change the settings to no not "keep orgin updated ect" and then "reinstall Orgin" if is comes up with something like "do you want to still install this because the there is an updated version of orgin"  just click yes and it will install the version before the update that makes more than every game not work then after that is installed open up Orgin and make sure it doesn't update it's self and it'll run sims 4 again hope this helps because i had the same problem

I didn't have Origin installed on my PC, so I downloaded and installed the one from their website.

After installation, whenever I click Sims 4 to load it up, Origin opens and the screen turns black to start running the game but then I get this error instead: "Unable to start: Initialization error at start up". So, I tried to turn off Origin before loading SIms 4, but it keeps appearing and I get the same error code.

I also checked the fix for this error, but I've already done everything after number 2 (which is to close Origin, it just keeps opening when I click Sims 4) except the Windows Firewall settings because even if I turn off Norton's firewall, Sims 4 gives me an error and I can't edit the Windows Firewall.

serika
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 794
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:48

@serika wrote:
I didn't have Origin installed on my PC, so I downloaded and installed the one from their website.

After installation, whenever I click Sims 4 to load it up, Origin opens and the screen turns black to start running the game but then I get this error instead: "Unable to start: Initialization error at start up". So, I tried to turn off Origin before loading SIms 4, but it keeps appearing and I get the same error code.

I also checked the fix for this error, but I've already done everything after number 2 (which is to close Origin, it just keeps opening when I click Sims 4) except the Windows Firewall settings because even if I turn off Norton's firewall, Sims 4 gives me an error and I can't edit the Windows Firewall.


A bold move, but have you considered un-installing Norton, if you appear to have such difficulties with it ? Honestly...most modern anti-virus systems are overrated anyway, in the sense that when it comes to REAL virusses they usually don't help at all. Plus: Norton in particular is known to be extremely resource-intensive, meaning it needs tons of your computer power, which would be better used for games and apps instead.

It's your choice in the end, but I cannot tell you either how exactly to configure Norton, as I am not familiar with it. If you do decide to go ahead with it, make sure to re-boot the computer after un-installing Norton. And after the re-boot, you should be able to edit the Windows firewall again.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by serika on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:03

Carlos wrote:A bold move, but have you considered un-installing Norton, if you appear to have such difficulties with it ? Honestly...most modern anti-virus systems are overrated anyway, in the sense that when it comes to REAL virusses they usually don't help at all. Plus: Norton in particular is known to be extremely resource-intensive, meaning it needs tons of your computer power, which would be better used for games and apps instead.

It's your choice in the end, but I cannot tell you either how exactly to configure Norton, as I am not familiar with it. If you do decide to go ahead with it, make sure to re-boot the computer after un-installing Norton. And after the re-boot, you should be able to edit the Windows firewall again.

The idea of uninstalling Norton is starting to appeal to me -- but thing is, I was able to play the game with Norton before. And so far (I'm sure I don't share the same views as everyone), Norton hasn't given me any problems ever since I got it with my laptop (two years ago) until now.

I tried doing what kalelum said on Origin, but none of it worked. Origin still kept popping up whenever I try to load up Sims 4. So I uninstalled that. I tried to start up Sims 4 after deleting Origin, and I'm back to square one with the Origin error. Sad

Buuut I might just try uninstalling Norton to see if Sims 4 would work without it.

serika
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 794
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:19

@serika wrote:
The idea of uninstalling Norton is starting to appeal to me -- but thing is, I was able to play the game with Norton before. And so far (I'm sure I don't share the same views as everyone), Norton hasn't given me any problems ever since I got it with my laptop (two years ago) until now.

I tried doing what kalelum said on Origin, but none of it worked. Origin still kept popping up whenever I try to load up Sims 4. So I uninstalled that. I tried to start up Sims 4 after deleting Origin, and I'm back to square one with the Origin error. Sad

Buuut I might just try uninstalling Norton to see if Sims 4 would work without it.


If you want to keep Norton, you definitely have to find out how to configure that Norton firewall. If you decide to remove Norton, do as I described above, and then try re-downloading the crack-only here:
bit.ly 1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

Re-adding those files could help too, as the old ones might have gotten damaged already by the anti-virus.


Good luck for now !  
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by serika on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:37

Carlos wrote:If you want to keep Norton, you definitely have to find out how to configure that Norton firewall. If you decide to remove Norton, do as I described above, and then try re-downloading the crack-only here:

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

Re-adding those files could help too, as the old ones might have gotten damaged already by the anti-virus.


Good luck for now !  

I've uninstalled Norton and download the crack-only files. I tried loading up Sims 4 but I still get the Origin error. Sad

EDIT: So I uninstalled Sims 4 (again). Restarted. Then installed everything. I re-did the ultimate fixes, too. I disable to the Windows Defender and add TS4 to the exceptions list on Windows Firewall. I load up the game, it gives me the Origin error message.

serika
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 794
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by kalelum on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:02

Don't uninstall sims 4 just make sure you completely uninstall origin and then install it run as admin then update to beta version close and run as administrator and it should fix it but i'm only having problems now because the games had an update but theres nothing to be done till these guys do there best to get a newer version of the fix but origin is having alot of problems since the latest version was released!

kalelum
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 799
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by kalelum on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:05

sorry again the error is in Origin it's self it's not coming from sims 4 it is a mess up in origin

kalelum
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 799
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:55

@serika wrote:I've uninstalled Norton and download the crack-only files. I tried loading up Sims 4 but I still get the Origin error. Sad

EDIT: So I uninstalled Sims 4 (again). Restarted. Then installed everything. I re-did the ultimate fixes, too. I disable to the Windows Defender and add TS4 to the exceptions list on Windows Firewall. I load up the game, it gives me the Origin error message.


I actually think now that your download of Sims 4 may have taken damage to due to being scanned by various anti-virus programs. Alternatively, there is something else on your computer that keeps messing with the crack of the game. 

In any case, I would need to look via TeamViewer in that. Feel free to check the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) when you see me online there. I will then try and help you via TeamViewer. Smile 


@kalelum wrote:sorry again the error is in Origin it's self it's not coming from sims 4 it is a mess up in origin


I'll have to disagree with you on that. In our experience, 99.9% of these issues are due to "security software" interfering with the crack of the game. Origin itself doesn't have any influence on that - at least this is what our experience so far has shown.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059
Points : 18649
Reputation : 1978
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by kalelum on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 15:31

Carlos wrote:
@serika wrote:I've uninstalled Norton and download the crack-only files. I tried loading up Sims 4 but I still get the Origin error. Sad

EDIT: So I uninstalled Sims 4 (again). Restarted. Then installed everything. I re-did the ultimate fixes, too. I disable to the Windows Defender and add TS4 to the exceptions list on Windows Firewall. I load up the game, it gives me the Origin error message.


I actually think now that your download of Sims 4 may have taken damage to due to being scanned by various anti-virus programs. Alternatively, there is something else on your computer that keeps messing with the crack of the game. 

In any case, I would need to look via TeamViewer in that. Feel free to check the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) when you see me online there. I will then try and help you via TeamViewer. Smile 


@kalelum wrote:sorry again the error is in Origin it's self it's not coming from sims 4 it is a mess up in origin


I'll have to disagree with you on that. In our experience, 99.9% of these issues are due to "security software" interfering with the crack of the game. Origin itself doesn't have any influence on that - at least this is what our experience so far has shown.
I know but if you actually look on origin you'll see that there are a ton of replies of the latest update of Origin has knocked pretty much everyone and messed everyone's origin up! just to put that out there

kalelum
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 799
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 + Get to Work + Latest Fix + Origin Error

Post by Nobody313 on Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:07

I'm getting the exact same error as Serika. However, mine didn't pop up after I installed an update. I had the update (which I had downloaded from SkidrowReloaded) and was playing fine for several days until, just a few days ago, the terrible error:
"Unable to start:

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims™ 4


[d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]"

began appearing.

I though, hey, simple fix. Just install Origin (I was previously able to play fine without even having Origin on my PC) and try opening it again. Well, I did that, and what do you know, the game opened and started playing just fine! Great, right?

Wrong. The game played fine, alright; the base game, and the base game alone. No expansion packs, no stuff packs, no nothing, just the base game.

I tried closing Origin and playing the game. Nothing. Same error. I tried completely removing Origin from my computer; uninstalling it, removing leftover files from appdata and program data. Nothing. Same error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Three times. Nothing. Same error. I came to G4TW, downloaded the game from here, and installed it. Nothing. Same error. I tried adding the Sims 4 folder to my antivirus's exception list. Nothing. Same error. I tried completely removing my antivirus software (which was AVG 2015 btw.) and re-applying the crack. Nothing. Same error. 

I'm all out of ideas. This problem is infuriating, especially because it came out of nowhere, and so I have no idea what caused it. 

Help Help. I really want to play this game again.

Nobody313
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 1
Points : 777
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum