Unsolvable msvcr100.dll error when playing Borderlands 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unsolvable msvcr100.dll error when playing Borderlands 2.

Post by Dinglecream on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 07:38

Hi guys,

so I just came back to BL2 after awhile and after I "press any key", the game goes on to search for downloadable content and it starts to "download updates" and then it crashes and I get a "fatal error msvcr100.dll"

I have tried reinstalling and it worked once and the next time I opened BL2 I get the same error again and it crashes. I have also tried many other remedies such as:
reinstalling Microsoft .net 4 client profile
using "verify local game cache" in steam
launching from Borderlands 2 exe instead of the launcher
reinstalling Microsoft visual studio update
creating steam_appid.txt in Win32 folder with content: 49520
and i have reformatted my laptop as well
and many other fixes but they all don't work
the closest I got to getting the game to work was reinstalling and it only worked once after that.

Please help as I just got 3 other friends to buy the game but I cant play with them now.

Thank you.

Dinglecream
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unsolvable msvcr100.dll error when playing Borderlands 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 08:01

Dinglecream wrote:Hi guys,

so I just came back to BL2 after awhile and after I "press any key", the game goes on to search for downloadable content and it starts to "download updates" and then it crashes and I get a "fatal error msvcr100.dll"

I have tried reinstalling and it worked once and the next time I opened BL2 I get the same error again and it crashes. I have also tried many other remedies such as:
reinstalling Microsoft .net 4 client profile
using "verify local game cache" in steam
launching from Borderlands 2 exe instead of the launcher
reinstalling Microsoft visual studio update
creating steam_appid.txt in Win32 folder with content: 49520
and i have reformatted my laptop as well
and many other fixes but they all don't work
the closest I got to getting the game to work was reinstalling and it only worked once after that.

Please help as I just got 3 other friends to buy the game but I cant play with them now.

Thank you.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If this error message is about this mysterious .dll file, try searching for the .dll, here:
http://www.dll-files.com/

After finding the file there and downloading it, extract the file from the .zip archive, so that you end up with the .dll file itself. If you double-click on the .zip file, Windows should be able to open it. Otherwise, feel free to use another program for extracting, like WinRAR.

After you got hold of the .dll, copy the file to the location C:\Windows\System32. if you have a 64-bit Windows system, ALSO make sure to copy the file into C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Then re-start the game. See if that works out. If it doesn't, I'm out of explanations too, sorry. 

P.S. I moved your post to the right section. Keep in mind that the "PC Downloads Support" is only meant for the game releases of Games4theworld, and nothing else. If you have a question about a different game, please always use the "PC Games" subforum for that. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum