Can I play Thief 4 on low settings?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I play Thief 4 on low settings?

Post by Opheliakc on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:21

Hello, so I watched some videos about this game and it's seems pretty cool to me but I checked it's system requirement, everything is ok except ram, it wants MIN. 4gb ram but mine is 3. I don't about graphics so I can low everything and play it like this, but can I?
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : I no longer have a laptop.
Female Posts : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I play Thief 4 on low settings?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:26

Opheliakc wrote:Hello, so I watched some videos about this game and it's seems pretty cool to me but I checked it's system requirement, everything is ok except ram, it wants MIN. 4gb ram but mine is 3. I don't about graphics so I can low everything and play it like this, but can I?

//MOVED

Moved to the right section. Smile  Please note that the "PC Downloads Support" is only meant for the pirated releases of Games4theworld. If you have a different question about another game, use the "PC games" section instead.

About your issue, yes, lowering the graphics can be one option. Beyond that, try closing unnecessary background processes and services too. For example, you can use the tool "GameBooster" to help you with that. For a guide see this here:
http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

GameBooster can help a little bit, but you shouldn't necessarily expect any miracles though. Another thing: is your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opheliakc on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:29

32-bit. Idk what those bits means though Sad
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : I no longer have a laptop.
Female Posts : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:44

Opheliakc wrote:32-bit. Idk what those bits means though Sad

In theory it means that "user applications" (installed games, software, etc.) are able to use more than 2GB of the available RAM, but only in 64-bit systems. If it's 32-bit, user apps can only use a max. of 2GB.

But the question is actually not that relevant anyway in your case, since you only have 3GB of RAM, sorry - my mistake.  Facepalm

Yes, familiarize yourself with GameBooster and see if it can help a bit. Other than that you should play on low settings only. Good luck for now though ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum