Sims won't launch after extension download. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims won't launch after extension download. [SOLVED]

Post by Inuzak on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:03

I've got the Origin's disk brought Sims 3 along with torrented Pets 3 which have always worked fine... however after downloading your Supernatural expansion torrent the game won't start!  Embarrassing...:

Download went fine, followed the instructions, but now when I click sims it opens the launcher, I click the blue start circle, the launcher disappears and the game doesn't start.

The only thing I did in the download that I could pinpoint was when the instructions told me to put the TS3W.exe application into the original Sims game bin folder, and when it asked whether to copy or replace I hit replace... but if they were identical files I don't think there could have been an impact?

Thank you!

ETA: I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, the play button at least started responding again telling me it couldn't find the supernatural expansion disk.. I then did your crack again and the disk authentication error has stopped but it is back to not responding/launching game.

Inuzak
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims won't launch after extension download. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 14:52

Inuzak wrote:I've got the Origin's disk brought Sims 3 along with torrented Pets 3 which have always worked fine... however after downloading your Supernatural expansion torrent the game won't start!  :$:

Download went fine, followed the instructions, but now when I click sims it opens the launcher, I click the blue start circle, the launcher disappears and the game doesn't start.

The only thing I did in the download that I could pinpoint was when the instructions told me to put the TS3W.exe application into the original Sims game bin folder, and when it asked whether to copy or replace I hit replace... but if they were identical files I don't think there could have been an impact?

Thank you!

ETA: I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, the play button at least started responding again telling me it couldn't find the supernatural expansion disk.. I then did your crack again and the disk authentication error has stopped but it is back to not responding/launching game.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Just to make sure..please re-do the steps #2, #4 and #5 here, and make sure to do them properly:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Note that if your base game is from Origin, you need to copy & paste the crack files (TS3W.exe + TSLhost.dll) into the location C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims won't launch after extension download. [SOLVED]

Post by Inuzak on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 11:54

Crack files were in the wrong location!  :$: Thank you so much for your help!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Inuzak
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum