A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Guide on HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 4 + Addons/DLC on Mac using WINE.

Post by captaineileen on Fri 07 Aug 2015, 00:55

Hi there- Downloaded the game, followed instructions and everything was fine for several days...then today when I try to launch the game it's giving me the attached error (see screenshot).  Any ideas?  Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 4.47.33 PM.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(33 Kb) Downloaded 37 times

captaineileen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olivepeach on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 09:51

Hi guys! Thanks for the great tips on how to get Sims 4 to work on the Mac! I've been able to play the game with these instructions with some minor glitches but really, no problem. However after saving and quitting, I can't play it anymore. The game is telling me this as soon as it hits the loading diamond thing: "The program TS4.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I'm assuming this may have something to do with me saving the game, or maybe the display settings that I changed? I just bumped up the viewing quality to medium. What should I do? Thanks.

olivepeach
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJKS on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 09:57

Hi!

I installed the base game and it's running nice and smooth, thank you very much! But now I have a question; In the download folder there are files that you can use to change the language of your game, I really much would like to change it, but how do I do that on mac?

MJKS
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zappster on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 17:55

olivepeach wrote:Hi guys! Thanks for the great tips on how to get Sims 4 to work on the Mac! I've been able to play the game with these instructions with some minor glitches but really, no problem. However after saving and quitting, I can't play it anymore. The game is telling me this as soon as it hits the loading diamond thing: "The program TS4.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I'm assuming this may have something to do with me saving the game, or maybe the display settings that I changed? I just bumped up the viewing quality to medium. What should I do? Thanks.

I experienced the same thing. It's with the display settings. Right now I'm running on Low Medium (if I remember correctly, the one after Low) and then I checked laptop settings. To put it back:

1. Go to Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4.
  2. Move the SAVES folder (Also MODS and SCREENSHOTS if you saved anything there) in a different location, DESKTOP preferably.
  3. Delete the remaining folders and files inside The Sims 4 folder.
  4. Put back SAVES and other folders you moved earlier to The Sims 4 folder.
  5. Once you open again Sims it will revert back to the original settings (the tips included, sadly).

I hope that helps! Smile

zappster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelissJ on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 14:54

Thanks for the guide! But I have one problem. I played the game once, it worked perfect! Then i quit the game and now it wouldn't start again. When I click on the Wineskin button 'Sims 4' nothing happend. Did I do anything wrong?

MelissJ
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Texan21 on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 00:48

So I was able to play Sims 4 prior to installing the Ultimate Fix that is broken into 5 parts and I replaced all of the files and copied over the new files and now I get the Origin error. Any tips on how to get around that? I didn't get this error before installing the ultimate fix and I even turned off WiFi and got the same error.

Texan21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 13:29

Texan21 wrote:So I was able to play Sims 4 prior to installing the Ultimate Fix that is broken into 5 parts and I replaced all of the files and copied over the new files and now I get the Origin error. Any tips on how to get around that? I didn't get this error before installing the ultimate fix and I even turned off WiFi and got the same error.
Move C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  to   C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
or anywhere else.
It says that on the Ultimate fix page.
Code:
Important note: If you get an error called "Origin must be running", try moving the install folder "The Sims 4" to a different location. For example, move it directly under Program files(x86), so that the install location is C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4. Credits go to whoever found out about this fix (it wasn't me). 
night_lights
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2
Female Posts : 102

View user profile http://youtube.com/c/Belama-gaming

Back to top Go down

Post by zappster on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 08:14

night_lights wrote:
Texan21 wrote:So I was able to play Sims 4 prior to installing the Ultimate Fix that is broken into 5 parts and I replaced all of the files and copied over the new files and now I get the Origin error. Any tips on how to get around that? I didn't get this error before installing the ultimate fix and I even turned off WiFi and got the same error.
Move C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  to   C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
or anywhere else.
Code:
Important note: If you get an error called "Origin must be running", try moving the install folder "The Sims 4" to a different location. For example, move it directly under Program files(x86), so that the install location is C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4. Credits go to whoever found out about this fix (it wasn't me). 
We're talking about Mac here. We don't have those.

FYI I still tried moving The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts but I still get the error.

zappster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynke_B on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:08

zappster wrote:
night_lights wrote:
or anywhere else.
Code:

FYI I still tried moving The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts but I still get the error.
Sure you have those folder, however, they're inside the wrapper. Right click the wrapper, 'show contents' and navigate to 'drive_c'.
Even though moving the folder inside the wrapper should have the same effect as in windows it unfortunately didn't solve the 'Origin not running' problem for me, but maybe you are lucky so it's worth a try.

Nynke_B
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jarrarama on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 12:55

@Nynke_B, I also tried the whole "move The Sims 4 file around" method, but no luck either. Why God.

EDIT:

I read another thread, http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21185-the-sims-4-origin-not-running-issue-with-latest-fix-in-wine-wrapper

If anyone has any idea what they did and is able to put it into a guide that would be great!

jarrarama
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zappster on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 20:36

Nynke_B wrote:
zappster wrote:
night_lights wrote:
or anywhere else.
Code:

Sure you have those folder, however, they're inside the wrapper. Right click the wrapper, 'show contents' and navigate to 'drive_c'.
Even though moving the folder inside the wrapper should have the same effect as in windows it unfortunately didn't solve the 'Origin not running' problem for me, but maybe you are lucky so it's worth a try.

jarrarama wrote:@Nynke_B, I also tried the whole "move The Sims 4 file around" method, but no luck either. Why God.

EDIT:

I read another thread, http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21185-the-sims-4-origin-not-running-issue-with-latest-fix-in-wine-wrapper

If anyone has any idea what they did and is able to put it into a guide that would be great!

Oh my god, oh my god!! I got it working!!! A little hassle but this is what I did:

1. Download EXE (take note, not DMG) installer from Origin.
2. Right-click your Sims 4 wrapper and then click Show Package Content.
3. Double-click Wineskin.
4. Click Install Software.
5. Click Choose Setup Executable and the locate the Origin EXE file you downloaded.
6. Let it install. If there's an error that says Origin had to close bla bla bla, just click CLOSE.
7. Wait for the Wine window to show up, that means Origin was installed.
8. Double-click your Sims 4 wrapper and hit Enter once an error about origin needing to close shows up again.
9. Play the game!!

At first when I didn't get to hit enter and I opted to click CLOSE using my trackpad, the game opened in a windowed format but was really small. As in, 5x5-pixel small. But when I just used enter on my keyboard, it went on to the usual game.

My only problem is that my old game didn't load.

Also, I tried closing the game and opening it a gain a couple of times and it still worked.

I made a new game, closed the game, opened it again, and the new game was still there.

I hope I was of help!! Smile

zappster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynke_B on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 21:10

zappster wrote:
Oh my god, oh my god!! I got it working!!! A little hassle but this is what I did:

1. Download EXE (take note, not DMG) installer from Origin.
2. Right-click your Sims 4 wrapper and then click Show Package Content.
3. Double-click Wineskin.
4. Click Install Software.
5. Click Choose Setup Executable and the locate the Origin EXE file you downloaded.
6. Let it install. If there's an error that says Origin had to close bla bla bla, just click CLOSE.
7. Wait for the Wine window to show up, that means Origin was installed.
8. Double-click your Sims 4 wrapper and hit Enter once an error about origin needing to close shows up again.
9. Play the game!!

At first when I didn't get to hit enter and I opted to click CLOSE using my trackpad, the game opened in a windowed format but was really small. As in, 5x5-pixel small. But when I just used enter on my keyboard, it went on to the usual game.

My only problem is that my old game didn't load.

Also, I tried closing the game and opening it a gain a couple of times and it still worked.

I made a new game, closed the game, opened it again, and the new game was still there.

I hope I was of help!! Smile

Awesome!! I will try it out as soon as possible and I will let you know if it works Carlos is tha man!!!

Nynke_B
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP ; GAME CORRUPTED

Post by tiara.x0 on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 00:32

Um with the ultimate fix, there are more files than just the bin file, what do I do with those? When I try to put them in the file like a windows computer they corrupt the game/ The game won't open . please help !!!!!! Why.Why.Why.Why.Why.

tiara.x0
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

!!!! Howwww

Post by tiara.x0 on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 01:52

night_lights wrote:Um with the ultimate fix, there are more files than just the bin file, what do I do with those? When I try to put them in the file like a windows computer they corrupt the game
EDIT//
Nevermind I did it lol
how did you get it to work as I'm also having the same problem  :DedicatedToLorilihim Why. Why. Why. Why. Why.

tiara.x0
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missxmarieke on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 14:31

I tried installing the sims 4 onto my mac using these steps multiple times, but I keep on failing.. I did exactly what's stated in the tutorial but when I click the Sims 4 app it's bouncing in my launch bar(?) and after a couple of bounces it disappears again and just doesn't start. What have I done wrong or how can I fix this?

missxmarieke
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Problem

Post by pekeflow on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:38

MelissJ wrote:Thanks for the guide! But I have one problem. I played the game once, it worked perfect! Then i quit the game and now it wouldn't start again. When I click on the Wineskin button 'Sims 4' nothing happend. Did I do anything wrong?
 I have the same problem Sad What we can do to solve this? 
I want to change language too. I want it in Spanish.
Thanks for support!

pekeflow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynke_B on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 15:20

pekeflow wrote:
MelissJ wrote:Thanks for the guide! But I have one problem. I played the game once, it worked perfect! Then i quit the game and now it wouldn't start again. When I click on the Wineskin button 'Sims 4' nothing happend. Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks for support!

Have you tried removing the 'Sims 4' folder from your documents? You can temporarily change the name of the folder or move it somewhere else to keep your savegame. If the game does run without the folder then you could start putting back your files in the folder in order to figure out what's corrupting the game.

If this doesn't help then I personally don't know any other solution. Succes!

Nynke_B
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pekeflow on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 20:41

Nynke_B wrote:
pekeflow wrote:
Thanks for support!

Have you tried removing the 'Sims 4' folder from your documents? You can temporarily change the name of the folder or move it somewhere else to keep your savegame. If the game does run without the folder then you could start putting back your files in the folder in order to figure out what's corrupting the game.

If this doesn't help then I personally don't know any other solution. Succes!
Thanks for your help Smile I solved it, I forgot one step Very Happy

pekeflow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by N0werr on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 23:29

Hey hello,

I have been trying to install the sims 4 + get to work + the ultimate fix all day long and I can't get it to work. 

I must be doing something wrong with the copy + pasting part of GTW and the ultimate crack, because the base game runs perfectly.

So here's what I have been doing: (the base game is already installed under a wrapper)
1. First I open "the sims 4 get to work" folder and I copy all those files and replace them with the base game files.
2. Then I open the "ultimate fix folder" and I do exactly the same thing, just copying all those folders in there and replace them with the ones in the base game folder

The game doesn't start. 

So I obviously understand I could possibly have been replacing some important base game files, so then I tried to instead of just replace the whole folder - merge the folders...

But the games doesn't start either when I do that.

So what am I doing wrong? I don't get a pop-up when I click the wrapper, I get nothing. 

I hope someone can help me -

N0werr
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynke_B on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:54

N0werr wrote:Hey hello,

I have been trying to install the sims 4 + get to work + the ultimate fix all day long and I can't get it to work. 

I must be doing something wrong with the copy + pasting part of GTW and the ultimate crack, because the base game runs perfectly.

So here's what I have been doing: (the base game is already installed under a wrapper)
1. First I open "the sims 4 get to work" folder and I copy all those files and replace them with the base game files.
2. Then I open the "ultimate fix folder" and I do exactly the same thing, just copying all those folders in there and replace them with the ones in the base game folder

The game doesn't start. 

So I obviously understand I could possibly have been replacing some important base game files, so then I tried to instead of just replace the whole folder - merge the folders...

So what am I doing wrong? I don't get a pop-up when I click the wrapper, I get nothing. 

Make sure you copy the files inside the folders, instead of just the folders themselves! If you would copy the folders you will overwrite some crucial files that were originally in the base game folders. It costs 10 minutes of work and it will only get more tedious when more packs launch, but it's definitely worth it!

Nynke_B
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by N0werr on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 16:45

Nynke_B wrote:
N0werr wrote:Hey hello,

The game doesn't start. 

Make sure you copy the files inside the folders, instead of just the folders themselves! If you would copy the folders you will overwrite some crucial files that were originally in the base game folders. It costs 10 minutes of work and it will only get more tedious when more packs launch, but it's definitely worth it!

He, thanks! Did not quite get that step, haha. But it worked!

N0werr
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynke_B on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 17:14

N0werr wrote:He, thanks! Did not quite get that step, haha. But it worked!

Happy to help!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Nynke_B
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nazia1988 on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 00:51

i did all the steps for adding the ultimate fix but it just won't run Sad

nazia1988
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellakay08 on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 07:10

Hi guys,
So I followed all of the steps and added the Ultimate Fix and I got the Origin error. So then I installed origin (It wasn't installed on my Mac at all) through Wineskin on .exe. It started up almost perfectly until it showed the EA first part and then quits and says that Origin had an unexpected error and then goes to a black screen and is just blank. So now I'm stumped on what to do next. If anyone has any suggestions or has a solution to this it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

bellakay08
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 03 Oct 2015, 02:19

Dear Mac OS users,

Please note that Games4theworld can neither endorse the guide posted by the OP (@wataru2) nor fully verify it. But as some users had success with this method, I will leave this thread as a "Sticky" - for the moment.

Consequently, this means that the team of Games4theworld cannot give any support whatsoever about The Sims 4 on Mac OS. Take the guide by the OP as it is please. Another post that may be useful for you can be found here.

If anything is still unclear, you may post your questions about TS4 in our Mac Support section, HOWEVER, you should not necessarily expect an answer from a Games4theworld team member (Helper, Moderator, Administrator) as - again - Games4theworld does not endorse any of the guides on TS4 + WINE that were posted recently. 

We will continue looking for alternatives, but in the event that you need further help, please consult other sources than Games4theworld for your concerns. There is no point in us giving support on things that we cannot confirm as 100% working and stable. Smile

We apologize for any inconveniences. The topic in now closed. 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14461

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum