Computer + S3 Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Computer + S3 Problem

Post by roostertrash on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 00:43

so, i've downloaded and installed ts3 many times on my previous computer and never had any issues. i'm very doubtful it's any harmful file from you guys since i trust this site and downloads, but after playing master suite for a while, my computer crashed. i took it in for repairs and the guy said that when i uninstalled something from the sims, it mounted itself onto the drive and that's what caused the crash.

i've got a new computer and am wanting to reinstall everything, but i really want to avoid a repeat of last time. the only thing is i can't seem to find anyone who had the same problem, and like i said, everything worked until a few days after playing master suite for the ts3. does anyone know why this could of happened, or has anyone had any issues with master suite before? again, i really love the content here, but i'm really hesitant to download the add-on i want because of what happened last time. ;o;

edit: also, apologies if this is posted in the wrong area! it regards the sims 3, so i thought it was best in here.

roostertrash
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Computer + S3 Problem

Post by LoriliHime on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 13:22

This should not have happened unless you just deleted the files. By doing a complete uninstall, this should be avoidable. Please make sure to follow all the steps for instillation including the update.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

If you come across any issues, be sure to let us know.

Just for Giggles
LoriliHime
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Elder Scrolls
Female Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Computer + S3 Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 20:57

@roostertrash wrote:so, i've downloaded and installed ts3 many times on my previous computer and never had any issues. i'm very doubtful it's any harmful file from you guys since i trust this site and downloads, but after playing master suite for a while, my computer crashed. i took it in for repairs and the guy said that when i uninstalled something from the sims, it mounted itself onto the drive and that's what caused the crash.

i've got a new computer and am wanting to reinstall everything, but i really want to avoid a repeat of last time. the only thing is i can't seem to find anyone who had the same problem, and like i said, everything worked until a few days after playing master suite for the ts3. does anyone know why this could of happened, or has anyone had any issues with master suite before? again, i really love the content here, but i'm really hesitant to download the add-on i want because of what happened last time. ;o;

edit: also, apologies if this is posted in the wrong area! it regards the sims 3, so i thought it was best in here.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Out of interest: what was the error message that you got during your "computer crash" ? Did you get a so-called "bluescreen" ? Why did you need to take the computer to a repair service then ?

Also, the explanation with "mounted itself onto the drive" sounds - with due respect - just dumb. Not sure if that repair technician knew what he was talking about. If there was a problem with an improper (previous) un-installation of the game you would not have been able to start the game in the first place. But you said you were able to play for a while without issues.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum