Build/Buy Mode Doesn't Show ANY items.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build/Buy Mode Doesn't Show ANY items.

Post by mojojojo90090 on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 19:58

Hello, 

I've been having a problem with the build/buy mode as the title says. Everything seems to be working fine and I can select any item that's already on the lot with the eyedropper tool and it will show up. However, the main issue I'm having is that nothing actually comes up on the Build or Buy mode menu at all. Anything I select, it's as if I have no items. 

I had this problem after trying to fix another issue I had after downloading Get to Work...I tried to run the game after copying all of the files into the Sims folder like I was told to do in the instructions, I was getting an error saying that the game version needed to be updated and one of the forums here suggested that I delete the Sims 4 folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts/, and copy my save files and mods into the new folder that is generated. The game worked like a charm except that Build/buy issue. At first I thought that maybe this was because of the saves and mods that I copied over, so I did the same thing again without copying any of my saved files or mods -basically starting the whole game fresh- and the build/buy thing is STILL an issue. 

Help?   pale pale pale
mojojojo90090
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : anything sims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Build/Buy Mode Doesn't Show ANY items.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 20:56

mojojojo90090 wrote:Hello, 

I've been having a problem with the build/buy mode as the title says. Everything seems to be working fine and I can select any item that's already on the lot with the eyedropper tool and it will show up. However, the main issue I'm having is that nothing actually comes up on the Build or Buy mode menu at all. Anything I select, it's as if I have no items. 

I had this problem after trying to fix another issue I had after downloading Get to Work...I tried to run the game after copying all of the files into the Sims folder like I was told to do in the instructions, I was getting an error saying that the game version needed to be updated and one of the forums here suggested that I delete the Sims 4 folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts/, and copy my save files and mods into the new folder that is generated. The game worked like a charm except that Build/buy issue. At first I thought that maybe this was because of the saves and mods that I copied over, so I did the same thing again without copying any of my saved files or mods -basically starting the whole game fresh- and the build/buy thing is STILL an issue. 

Help?   pale pale pale

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

Please try this: re-apply the files from "Get to Work" first; when prompted replace all existing files and folders. Then, re-apply the latest Ultimate fix, from the opening post here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

And repeat the same proces with replacing all existing files and folders. After that try the game again. Good luck for now ! Smile 

P.S. if you are using any mods, please remove all of them.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Build/Buy Mode Doesn't Show ANY items.

Post by mojojojo90090 on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 19:32

I did everything you said; replaced the GTW files and then took out all of the mods and applied the ultimate fix. It worked! Thanks!  Hammertime

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : anything sims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum