Tried opening Sims 4 today, but for some reason it's not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tried opening Sims 4 today, but for some reason it's not working.

Post by DangersVoyage on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 06:47

I've had Sims 4 downloaded for like 5 months now and I've never had a problem with it. But today, I tried to open it like usual and first the Origin login page pops up. Weird. After 15 seconds the screen goes black like it's going to load the game but then it exits out and makes some sort of ding noise and a window pops up. 

"Unable to start: 

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 

[d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]"

This has seriously never happened to me before and I am seriously confused. The only thing that has changed since I last played was I downloaded the free trial of Norton Security. Would that be the reason? Please help...

DangersVoyage
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tried opening Sims 4 today, but for some reason it's not working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 19:34

@DangersVoyage wrote:I've had Sims 4 downloaded for like 5 months now and I've never had a problem with it. But today, I tried to open it like usual and first the Origin login page pops up. Weird. After 15 seconds the screen goes black like it's going to load the game but then it exits out and makes some sort of ding noise and a window pops up. 

"Unable to start: 

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 

[d3382ced]"

This has seriously never happened to me before and I am seriously confused. The only thing that has changed since I last played was I downloaded the free trial of Norton Security. Would that be the reason? Please help...

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please see this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

The parts about the Windows firewall and Windows Defender should be easy to do, please re-read it carefully again. And AFTER you did that, please TURN OFF Norton completely/permanently, if that is possible. Then try and re-start the game. Good luck ! 

P.S. If it's not possible, remove (uninstall) Norton and re-boot the computer. After that, re-start The Sims 4.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum