Cannot find TSW.exe in #Crack / cannot load game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot find TSW.exe in #Crack / cannot load game

Post by charlenemiu on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 17:43

I am using a Mac, and have downloaded The Sims 3 Complete Collection. I seem to have installed the base game correctly, but I am now stuck on the step ' drag & drop (or copy) the "TS3.exe" file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  and choose "Replace" '

The problems:
1. In the #Crack folder I don't see 'TS3.exe'. I only have: TS3_1.67....x_update.exe, TS3W.exe, and TSLHost.dll
2. I used the Mac guide by Dieneryn, PART 4, and simply used the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files found in the #Crack folder of The Sims 3 Complete Collection. I replaced the file(s), but when I clicked on the play button of the Sims 3 windows it did not work. It became stuck on the blue logo screen, and a few minutes ago, it asked me to reenter the code. (I used 38GQ-W389-9N4A-V9NX-BRLD from the Installation Guide txt.) I clicked on 'Done', and now it went back to the blue logo screen.
Now it continues to be stuck on the blue logo screen. 

Please help?!

charlenemiu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot find TSW.exe in #Crack / cannot load game

Post by Phoebe on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 22:31

Hello,

You aren't supposed to use the crack in the "Complete Collection". After reinstalling, update your game manually, you can find the manual update from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch

Then upload The Ultimate fix (for MAC) from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Open the Ultimate Fix file and go to folder named "All expansion packs after Generations.." and copy two files over there. After that right-click on the “The Sims 3” icon in the Applications folder and select ‘Show Package Contents’. Navigate to: Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts> The Sims 3>Game>Bin. Paste the 2 files you just copied in the Bin folder and let it replace the original files.

Again, open the Ultimate Fix file and go to folder named "#Crack" and copy two files in it and go to the same folder before: Applications folder and select ‘Show Package Contents’. Navigate to: Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts> The Sims 3>Game>Bin. Paste the 2 files you just copied in the Bin folder and let it replace the original files.

So, you aren't using the "#Crack" folder in The Sims 3 Complete Collection.

The Mac Guide is outdated, we will be renewed it for The Sims 3 Complete Collection really soon. But if you carefully apply the things I have explained, there shouldn't be any problem.

Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by charlenemiu on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 09:13

Thank you, I have opened the Sims 3 again.
Now there is a "New Store Content Patch Available" notice. It asks if I would like to download the latest patch, and there are "YES" "NO" and "LATER".
Which should I choose?

charlenemiu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 10:31

Hello again,

You an patch your game, there is no problem with that Smile

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum