GTW and The Sims 4 Base Game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW and The Sims 4 Base Game [SOLVED]

Post by wylliebee on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 07:20

Hello Smile and I would like to thank G4TW for providing the download to most of The Sims series Very Happy I can't thank you enough for making life easier! 

Recently, I have encountered several problems in installing it but have been helped greatly by the staff here and now I can play! 

I have decided to try and download the expansion pack GTW for the Sims 4 but feared that it would cause the base game to also stop working should it not work. I was just wondering if, even if the expansion pack does not work or isn't compatible in any way, would it affect the base game? 

I'm worried that it will and I may lose the game again WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Any advice is welcome ^_^ thank you Very Happy
wylliebee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Female Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GTW and The Sims 4 Base Game [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 08:05

@wylliebee wrote:Hello Smile and I would like to thank G4TW for providing the download to most of The Sims series Very Happy I can't thank you enough for making life easier! 

Recently, I have encountered several problems in installing it but have been helped greatly by the staff here and now I can play! 

I have decided to try and download the expansion pack GTW for the Sims 4 but feared that it would cause the base game to also stop working should it not work. I was just wondering if, even if the expansion pack does not work or isn't compatible in any way, would it affect the base game? 

I'm worried that it will and I may lose the game again WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Any advice is welcome ^_^ thank you Very Happy

Hello,

I'm not sure what exactly your concern here is, but no, if you get errors like "TS4 has stopped working", then it will usually have other reasons, than the "Get to Work" expansion being installed. And these errors can often be fixed, by a number of small tweaks, but let's not go into details yet.

Just go ahead now, apply the files from "Get to Work", and then download (+ apply) the files from the latest available "Ultimate fix" too. See the opening post here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Good luck !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wylliebee on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:25

Okay Very Happy 

I have another question. In the installation guide it said to copy all files from win.Rar to the file where you saved the base game right. this might be a stupid question, but you copy it to the the sims 4 file or to the bin where TS4 is? I tried copying it to the bin but nothing happened? no pop up that ask to copy and replace.
wylliebee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wylliebee on Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:29

ah never mind it worked fine Very Happy thank you so much and I apologize for my paranoia.I frickin love G4TW!! Very Happy

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
-SeoY
wylliebee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum