Sims 3 Torrent Problem/Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Torrent Problem/Questions

Post by Sklenar on Sat 08 Aug 2015, 05:24

So I've torrented the Sims 3 with all the expansions about a year ago, I don't remember who it was by but it was from piratebay. The torrent had an installer for you that did it all, I think, but I'm not too sure. I have tried your version of the game but when I get to the part of installing the expansions it always messes up. Was using this guide by the way, http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. 

Now I'm wondering if I can just use my Origin copy of the Sims 3 then just torrent all the expansions, anyone know if that is possible and how to do it? I'm not really sure what is causing my problems of corrupting my base game with your copy of the base game, but I am using two drives. One drive I try to just keep windows on which is 120gb then I have another which is 2tb which I put all the games on. I'm not doing the default install for the installation of the torrented expansions and I'm wondering if that is messing up.

Just hoping I can get this working again, regret uninstalling it all.

Thanks.

Sklenar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Torrent Problem/Questions

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 08 Aug 2015, 17:43

Hello,

The one you had before sounds like a modified installer, that's nothing but trouble to be honest. 
But normally it shouldn't be a problem to use your store bought base game with pirated expansions. As long as it's just the base game, not a "special edition".

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sklenar on Sat 08 Aug 2015, 22:56

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

The one you had before sounds like a modified installer, that's nothing but trouble to be honest. 
But normally it shouldn't be a problem to use your store bought base game with pirated expansions. As long as it's just the base game, not a "special edition".
So is it possible to use the Origin version then just use your guys expansions? Also should I follow each expansions tutorial exact or does it even matter?

Sklenar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 09 Aug 2015, 20:56

Hello,

No, you can ignore the installation guides that came with the expansions for the most part. Only if you run into trouble with World adventures and (I believe) High end loft stuff), you need the installation guide to find out how you can change SKU. 
Follow this guide in stead. Keep in mind though, that when you get to ultimate fix, you'll have tio copy the crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, since you won't have the "Electronic Arts" folder.

Let us know if you need any help!

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sklenar on Sun 09 Aug 2015, 22:08

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

No, you can ignore the installation guides that came with the expansions for the most part. Only if you run into trouble with World adventures and (I believe) High end loft stuff), you need the installation guide to find out how you can change SKU. 
Follow this guide in stead. Keep in mind though, that when you get to ultimate fix, you'll have tio copy the crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, since you won't have the "Electronic Arts" folder.

Let us know if you need any help!
One more thing, should I just install all the expansions in an expansion folder where my Sims 3 is installed? Thanks for the help though.

Sklenar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 06:19

Sklenar wrote:One more thing, should I just install all the expansions in an expansion folder where my Sims 3 is installed? Thanks for the help though.

Hi there, @Sklenar! Very Happy

There's no need to change the default location where the expansion packs will be installed. Even if your base game is in Program Files (x86)\Origin Games, the Expansion Packs will be installed by default to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts. There should be no problems whatsoever letting it be this way.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sklenar on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:06

SeoY wrote:
Sklenar wrote:One more thing, should I just install all the expansions in an expansion folder where my Sims 3 is installed? Thanks for the help though.

Hi there, @Sklenar! Very Happy

There's no need to change the default location where the expansion packs will be installed. Even if your base game is in Program Files (x86)\Origin Games, the Expansion Packs will be installed by default to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts. There should be no problems whatsoever letting it be this way.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!
I mean, my base game isn't on my C: drive and the default location for the expansions is on the C: drive, so is it fine if I just move it to my other drive or does anyone know? My C: drive is too small for all the expansions.

Sklenar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:29

Hello,

You can change the default installation folder to where your base game is, no problem.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)