The 1.67.2 Patch Does NOT Work for Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 1.67.2 Patch Does NOT Work for Me

Post by BostonPolar on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 07:58

Where to begin?  Sad

Okay, I was having a problem getting warning boxes saying I was using mods.

I did not realize this at first because when the box first appeared, I though Sims 3 was initially loading (black screen), but it went on for a long time with nothing happening, so when I got out of it I found I had the message on my desktop, not visible in the game itself.  So I clicked continued and went on - and the rest installed okay.

I kept getting that visible desktop only message, but then when I got to the Main Menu I also started getting a message there sating I was using mods (and actually list 1 of the 5 mods I am currently using), but I would click continue with that as well, and the game would start up fine.

But the one that was NOT visible except on my desktop at the very start, when I had to go into the game and out of it was really annoying, so I tried doing the 1.67.2 Fix the long way by hand at first.

So, I did that, and it did get rid of the asking to continue at the very started -- but I still had the one appear on the Main Menu (which was easy enough to just check) BUT now the game was asking me to insert a disc or quit.  Since I had no disc, I quit.

The disc issue was something that pop-up along with something *else* about 5-6 days ago and manage to find a fix for that and continued to play okay, until after installing this Fix-It-Mostly-All patch.

Believe me, it has been an on going struggle with The Sims 3 for about 2 weeks now.  One mod I installed from here (I'll report that separately) "broke" it completely, after I had installed the basic game and ALL 19 additional games.  I used the Installer as per the directions, but just got to the end, I got a message saying "Your game has stopped working" or something like that. -- and it wouldn't start up again after that.  I ended up having to *reinstall* all 20 games to get it working again.  I did keep all the Saves of the game I had been playing since I got The Sims; however, only 1 worked out of about 15, and I am just lucky it did.  *whew*

I just mention that to give you an idea of what I have gone through with "The Sims 3".

Anyway, BEFORE I did any of the stuff with your patch today, I saved the entire C:EA/Sims 3 folder to another drive on my computer as a backup (along with a copy of the EA/Sims folder in My Documents).

So went I go to bed tonight, I am going to title the original folder something else and then recopy the entire EA/Sims 3 folder BACK to my C drive, still leaving a backup copy on that other drive.

Right now I feel as if my time with The Sims 3 is half-spent playing it and the other half spent getting it to work so I can play.   Sad

Thank you for your time.

. . .

BostonPolar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 1.67.2 Patch Does NOT Work for Me

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 10:18

Hi there! Did you install at least one expansion newer than Generations? The crack needs it to work properly.

You are welcome to watch the video below, where I installed the Complete Collection Smile

Please let us know if you got your game working or if we can help you further.

https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

Games4theWorld - How to Install Sims 3

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 12:43

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
If you get a warning upon starting the game, that you're using mods, that's an indicator that you are using a mod or mods that are incompatible with your current game version. The message that appears at the main menu is normal and it's not unheard of that some mods show up in that list, and some don't. I don't believe that's something to worry about.

Now, when you renamed the folder in "program files" and copied the backup you made to that location, you broke some registry entries. It'll probably help to rename the original folder back to what it was and remove the backup.

Once you can start the game again, look here for various things to try when your game crashes/stops working. If nothing works, we'll take it from there.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Still Nothing

Post by BostonPolar on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 23:20

I wrote a detailed answer in reply that seems to have never made it to the board and I am not going to take that much time again -- so this will be short.

I have ALL the expansions.   The base game and 19 others.

I tried your patch on a copy of the backup copy I had saved.  It ended up the same way -- with my getting warning about mods and NOT being able to play because it wanted me to insert a disc.

I gave up -- and I have *deleted* the game (based and those 19 expansions) from my PC saving one copy as a backup on another drive and my saved games.  It took about 45 minutes to do it properly.

Now I am going to try and do a reinstall which will take me 3+ hour or more because I want to be careful and the games updates take a very long time to load.

In my original post, I mentioned I had to totally reinstall the game and 19 extension because of one download on this site which made my game stop working.  This makes the 2nd time I will have needed to do this, now because of this 'patch'.

I'm not in slightest happy about this.

BostonPolar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 04:25

Hi there!

Did you follow all the steps in my video? Also, Lady ElDi is completely right, you are not supposed to rename the sims 3 folder (or any subfolder), and you need to provide administrative rights when you are copying the crack/fix to the game install folder, or it won't replace them.

Another option is for you to use a DVD-Drive emulator like poweriso, load the image of the "The Sims 3 to the future" expansion and run it (I think the Games4theworld version is in a folder and not in an iso file, so you would have to create a new iso file first using poweriso, and copying all the files in The Future expansion folder to the root of your virtual drive, or you can just download an ISO of "Into the Future" that you find somewhere, that way you WOULD have a disk in your virtual drive...).

The mod message is fine, the game is going to show you every time you run it, but it works fine as long your MODs are not conflicting or broken.

Just to be clear, we are NOT paid and we do NOT work for Electronic Arts in any way. We are a group of volunteers that give some of our time and knowledge for FREE and you could be a bit more polite on your last comment. You are always welcome to go look for help somewhere else if you are unhappy with our "service". Mad

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:37

Hello,

That patch you downloaded is the exact same as what you would use if you updated through the launcher. The patch hasn't been altered by us in any way, we're just offering it to complete our service.

I'm really curious as to what the original download that made your game stop working was. I was looking for another post on that matter, but I couldn't find any.

Please, if you run into any trouble while you're installing your game, do nothing. Most issues can be solved quite easily and we're experienced in most of them.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 20:33

Lady ElDi wrote:
@BostonPolar wrote:. . .

Well, I did a total deletion of The Sims 3 and the 19 retails expansions I have that were on my PC --  and reinstalled them all yesterday.  As I thought, it took me the afternoon and late evening to do this.

I also copied the totally new install to another drive as a backup.

I test-ran the newly installed Sims 3 last night and it got to the Main Menu and everything was good-to-go.

Anyway, I installed the patch.  I got to the Main Menu and it again asked me to Install Disc -- the same problem I had on my game yesterday morning, before I removed it, that I got as a result of running this batch. 

Also, the Quit button would NOT work, no matter how many times I clicked it.  I ended up using ESC to get out of the game like I did with my previous installed batched games before I deleted them all.

This, by the way, was done with NO MODS installed at all.  I don't even want to try to put any of those things in until I get the Install Disc problem solved.

I'll do some web searches to see what resources look reliable to deal with that.

This patch does not seem all that great to me given the problems I keep getting -- which is, I cannot play the game at all after I install it. (Twice now.)

. . .

Hello,

Please stick to your topic. This problem is easily solved, and we see it all the time. I'll just move your reply here over to your topic and we'll help you fix it. Please, do not try anything on your own.

Right. Here we go.

As I said, we see this problem all the time. Seriously, I wish I had gotten €1 for every time this issue has come up over the past 4 years that I've been here.

After installing the patch, you need to copy the crack to your install directory. If you haven't done so yet, download the fix. Extract it, and ignore all the folders except for the one labeled #crack.
If you installed your game to the default location, you can copy both of the files to the location noted in the ultimate fix Installation Guide. You'll be asked if you want the original files replaced, allow your pc to do so.

And that is all there is to it. If you're still getting the "no disc" error, something went wrong with the crack. In that case, please upload a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to, that shows all the details of the files in that folder.

Once done correctly, it will work, 100% guarantee.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)