couldn't save the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

couldn't save the game

Post by aimonaz on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:52

recently, i couldn't save my game. it said "An unexpected error has occurred while saving: Error Code 12. Please consult the readme for details."

is it because i installed custom content?

plus, my butler keeps on preparing ingredients to cook but end up leaving several bowls without continue cooking. my sim asks for her to cook just once.

in the end, i couldn't save my game. huhu.

aimonaz
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: couldn't save the game

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 15:41

Hello,

We have information about save errors here. If you have any questions after reading that page, don't hesitate to ask!

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: couldn't save the game

Post by jgf on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 01:13

Well, I run the game on a mere 2gig RAM (but only two EPs installed) and I cursed Error 12 messages frequently my first weeks. The following has helped, to the point I've not had an Error 12 in months.

- save at least once an hour, every two hours or so exit the game and restart
- if you plan extensive work in build/buy or edit town mode, save and exit then restart and do all your work, save and exit again (all work in these modes creates an "undo" in memory for each action, this can quickly consume memory)
- install Twallan's Overwatch mod and ErrorTrap mods, these will catch many things in the background which can eat up memory as the game tries to correct them
- if you do get an Error 12, let the game run at normal speed til around 2AM (game time) then go to build/buy or edit town mode, you don't need to do anything just go to that mode for a minute then return to the game, continue at normal speed til 3AM (game time) when Overwatch does its cleanup, wait a couple of minutes then try the save again (I do all my saves just after 3AM game time)

jgf
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum