Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

Post by jihaleh on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 13:43

Okay call me dumb but I just intalled all the updates and expantions for sims 4 all from this website. When I started up the game to my delight it all loaded fine... until I tried accessing the household I had before the update.
It goes to the loading screen, then jumps back to the world view with the 4 circles. 
I honestly have no idea what's causing this as I followed instructions perfectly, and I uninstalled mods, cleared cache, everything I can think of and it still doesn't work Sad

Thanks or a quick reply!

jihaleh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Household won't load?.. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 02:55

@jihaleh wrote:Okay call me dumb but I just intalled all the updates and expantions for sims 4 all from this website. When I started up the game to my delight it all loaded fine... until I tried accessing the household I had before the update.
It goes to the loading screen, then jumps back to the world view with the 4 circles. 
I honestly have no idea what's causing this as I followed instructions perfectly, and I uninstalled mods, cleared cache, everything I can think of and it still doesn't work Sad

Thanks or a quick reply!

//MOVED

Hello,

The best advice I can give you is this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Ignore the part about avast (unless you yourself have avast, too), and focus on the parts about Windows Defender and the Windows firewall.   And as for your main anti-virus program, if you have such, you'll need to figure out how to configure the exclusions properly. I suggest you add the location C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 to the exclusions then.

After that, please re-extract the contents from the .RARs that you downloaded, and re-apply the Ultimate fix.

ALSO very important, delete all your old shortcuts to TS4 on the desktop. Navigate to the new install location - again, that's C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin - right-click on the TS4.exe, and select "send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Now start the game again (from the new shortcut you made), and see if it works. Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jihaleh on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:04

Thank you Carlos but it ended up not being an issue lol

I restarted my game 2-3 times and it ended up loading. Still not quite sure what the problem was.

I thought I had deleted my original post but good info to know anyway Smile

jihaleh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:59

@jihaleh wrote:Thank you Carlos but it ended up not being an issue lol

I restarted my game 2-3 times and it ended up loading. Still not quite sure what the problem was.

I thought I had deleted my original post but good info to know anyway Smile

Hi there!

Glad that you were able to get it to work. Thanks for letting us know!

As your problem is solved, I'll close this topic now. Do let us know if you ever encounter any other issues or if you have any questions. Have fun!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum