Sims 3 Vanilla Version Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Vanilla Version Crashes

Post by *Tami* on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 18:35

Hello everyone,

OK, so heres a interesting one, i recently had my pc reformatted back to its out-of-the-box state and decided to reinstall the good old Sims 3. So, i spend 3 days installing and updating and downloading the patch and find my old downloads etc etc. I decide to run the first time WITHOUT  any mods, downloads, soi go into Roaring Heights the to CAS and before i can even choose 1 item of clothes..... CRASH!

Now from what i remember from before i had my pc formatted, i THINK i had the same issues but ONLY with Roaring Heights... which wouldnt be an issue but i paid for the dam neighborhood so i am a little irritated.

I applied the last Store Fix, which i got from this awesome site Carlos is tha man!!! , and this seems to have worked, (as you have to download Roaring Heights from the store). is this the correct way to fix this **** issue???

Also can i go ahead and install my other downloads? or what should i do?? Also has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy

EDIT ok so just tried Monte Vista (which i also got from the store) and it crashed again...... &%#$*&^$. i am really getting annoyed now.

*Tami*
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims 1,2,3
Female Posts : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Vanilla Version Crashes

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 22:33

As far I know, you need to have at least one expansion newer than Generations installed for the Fix to work. Maybe that is your problem?

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Vanilla Version Crashes

Post by *Tami* on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 18:21

hi Sim Architect, sorry i am replying so late--issues arose that were unforeseen--- ye i know i needed expansions, i didnt mention in my 1st post that i have all the sims 3 expansions.. thus assumed the patch would work. i do remember finding an instruction guide somewhere that stated that we needed to install up to a certain expansion, then apply a patch, then install a few more then apply a different patch???? maybe i am wrong but i do remember something like that i just dont know where i found it, (stupid memory).

*Tami*
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims 1,2,3
Female Posts : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum