Random loading screen stuck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random loading screen stuck

Post by Daisy18 on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:56

Hi there,
I am having a little problem, should I say bug. The game works perfectly fine, but since installing GTW when I had 1.7 update when I put my sims to travel the game would load forever until I restart the computer, but not everytime. Now I have 1.10 update and it's the same. Any possible causes and solutions, please? Smile
Daisy18
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, The Sims 2, Super Mario Forever 2012, Spore, Bejeweled 3, Need For Speed
Female Posts : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random loading screen stuck

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 14:00

This could be due to an inresponsive/incompatible CC or Mod, I usually get this problem at the start of the game.

Are you sure it's crashed? Have you tried opening Task Manager whilst this crash is hapenning? Sometimes the game looks as if it's crashed but it's still loading.
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy18 on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 08:45

When this happens, it's not crashing, it's just loading forever.
Even through, I have only one CC hairstyle and one mod (the one with no autonomous introductions from MTS).
Daisy18
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, The Sims 2, Super Mario Forever 2012, Spore, Bejeweled 3, Need For Speed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 02:29

@Daisy18 wrote:When this happens, it's not crashing, it's just loading forever.
Even through, I have only one CC hairstyle and one mod (the one with no autonomous introductions from MTS).

So ? Did you try removing the mod already ?

You could also try renaming the folder "The Sims 4" in Documents\Electronic Arts. And then start the game. After that, you could copy your folder contents from the old/renamed "The Sims 4"-folder (saves, Mods,...) to the new folder.

Make sure to do this process slowly, so copy only one thing from the old folder at a time. And then start the game, see if it works, and exit the game. Copy the next item, start up again, etc. And you do this so long until the game loads forever. At that point you know that the latest item/folder you added may be corrupted, and then you know the cause.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy18 on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 16:52

Hmm...even through, I don't think it's the mod. I had it for months and this started to happen from last week when I installed the EPs.
It's very strange. When I play with a family of 5 (Spencer-Kim-Lewis family), if I put them to go to the park, the loading screen would never stop.
And when I play with smaller families this happens very rarely.
I'm gonna play and see if this happens anymore.
Daisy18
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum