The Sims 4 will not run [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 will not run [SOLVED]

Post by Hylia on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 03:22

Hello,
Recently, when I have tried to open The Sims 4, it opens Origin instead. I have no idea why this is and it just started doing this today. Should I uninstall Origin? The only reason I used it in the past was to access the gallery but since that's not possible anymore I guess I could try it. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? Help would be very much appreciated! I love you (Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section! I wasn't sure where to put it since it doesn't have anything to do with download issues but it also technically isn't an in game issue either.)

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Minecraft, The Walking Dead, The Cat Lady, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Garry's Mod, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Female Posts : 22

View user profile http://alphawolftechno.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 will not run [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 03:26

@Hylia wrote:Hello,
Recently, when I have tried to open The Sims 4, it opens Origin instead. I have no idea why this is and it just started doing this today. Should I uninstall Origin? The only reason I used it in the past was to access the gallery but since that's not possible anymore I guess I could try it. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else? Help would be very much appreciated! I love you

//MOVED

Hello,

This most likely means that the crack somehow got damaged. Did you double-check your anti-virus exclusions ? Is Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials still turned OFF ? See my other post here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21068-sims-4-temp-fix-origin-problems-on-install#142594

And THEN, as mentioned in the other post, please re-copy and re-paste the whole Sims 4 update, whether you got it from RELOADED or G4TW. Re-start the game then. Good luck !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hylia on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 03:44

@Carlos I had it in my anti-virus exclusions but I didn't have Windows Defender turned off. Looks like it's back to re-adding everything that got removed. Thank you for your quick reply!

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Minecraft, The Walking Dead, The Cat Lady, Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Garry's Mod, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Hylia on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 07:25

@Carlos so I downloaded all of the files and replaced them but now when I click on the game it gives me this:

Did I do something incorrectly?

EDIT: I opened it again and it started working.. I don't know what I did but it's working!

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:44

@Hylia wrote:@Carlos so I downloaded all of the files and replaced them but now when I click on the game it gives me this:

Did I do something incorrectly?

EDIT: I opened it again and it started working.. I don't know what I did but it's working!

As for the error, that usually means you either didn't take out the The Sims 4 folder from Electronic Arts, or you are starting the wrong copy of the game. Still, it's very good that you were able to get it working!

Problem solved, topic closed. Don't doubt to come back if you ever need anything else. Have fun! Very Happy

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1722

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum