Sims 4 New Ultimate Fix Question Funtime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 New Ultimate Fix Question Funtime

Post by MrPoopyButthole on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 04:04

Hello, long time listener first time caller. So. Here come the facts.

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2013 fancy pants computer. I would like to play The Sims 4. This is my journey so far: I have followed the steps of SimsLovR4 to create a wrapper for TS4. Below is the link, just kidding I'm not special enough to post links. 

I used the fitgirl torrent for TS4 and to impress you all, I used the newest one that came out yesterday. Don't applaud me yet, I'm still too stupid to figure this out. 

Last step is fancy... downloading all the jazz for the temp fix that ALSO just came out. You know the one. It literally just came out and once again I'm too new to be allowed to sit at the big boy table that allows me to post links. 

So. These plates are on the table and I'm as confused as what to do with the temp fix as you are reading this post. Any help guiding a mac user through these scary windows steps would be helpful. I'm in the "you need origin to be turned on" club at the moment, so all I need to do is figure out how to add the temp ultimate fix to my TS4. So, I'm ready to be yelled at for not having enough information for you, so let me know what to say to make things even more cryptic, I mean... to help. 

Cheers. 

- Mr. Poopy Butthole (yes thats my god given name)

MrPoopyButthole
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 New Ultimate Fix Question Funtime

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 05:07

Brief reply: as of now, we DO NOT give any official support on TS4 and Mac. Please acknowledge that virtually all our downloads (except Sims 3) are meant to be used in Windows OS only. If you need specific help with TS4 and Mac, please consult other sources.

Someone on here also posted a guide about this wine-wrapper, but this user is not a team member, and hence the procedure is "not endorsed" by us.

And the reason you cannot post external links (yet) is because of safety reasons (a.k.a. prevent spamming). One week after registration needs to pass in order for you to be able to post links.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoopyButthole on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 05:19

Thanks for the reply! As for posting links, I'm ok with living without the satisfaction for a week or so. 

So I'm all set with configuring the wrapper and have the entire program mirroring that of the windows proper, I was just wondering if there could be a more detailed way of what to do for the fix rar files? I mean you guys do a fantastic job of being straightforward and all, I'm just hoping theres more of a laymans term way of doing those steps (aka the specific installer folder and such seeing how theres a billion folders). If not then I'll continue eating Chinese food and figuring out how to pretend I'm not on a mac. Thanks for the quick reply too, I really appreciate what you guys put up with on these forums.

MrPoopyButthole
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 05:27

MrPoopyButthole wrote:Thanks for the reply! As for posting links, I'm ok with living without the satisfaction for a week or so. 

So I'm all set with configuring the wrapper and have the entire program mirroring that of the windows proper, I was just wondering if there could be a more detailed way of what to do for the fix rar files? I mean you guys do a fantastic job of being straightforward and all, I'm just hoping theres more of a laymans term way of doing those steps (aka the specific installer folder and such seeing how theres a billion folders). If not then I'll continue eating Chinese food and figuring out how to pretend I'm not on a mac. Thanks for the quick reply too, I really appreciate what you guys put up with on these forums.

I really apologize, but as I said, we do not endorse this method with the "wineskin". All I can tell you is that in Windows, you should imagine those 5 .RAR parts as forming ONE huge file. So you only extract from ONE of the .rar files (doesn't matter which), and what you end up with after extraction is a bunch of folders. And these folders (__Installer, Game, EP01, FP01, SP01, etc.), in turn, are what you need to copy + paste to your TS4 install location, in order to install the latest update.

But again, I am unfamiliar with the specialties on Mac and the wineskin. And the way it looks, we won't be able to give proper/official support on this game.

As mentioned, the person who wrote that guide here with the winewrapper has not visited the forum in a little while again, and he or she may not come back at all.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoopyButthole on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 05:36

Once again thanks! I just wanted to make sure I was following the steps. I understand that you don't endorse wineskin and all that jazz. I just wanted to give it a try. I also checked out the thread you were mentioning, and the steps in that specific one where a little outdated. Luckily the way I've been working through the loopholes has gotten me all the way to the last step which is pretty sad. I have all the rar files working as one, its just that I can't install the final .exe (vcredist_x86.exe) because... well... I'm on a Mac. So once again back to my food and shame, but hey, thank you for the support and responding. I won't be a stranger here, and hopefully some of my jumbles help any Mac users who stumble upon this.

MrPoopyButthole
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum