DLCs not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DLCs not working

Post by fairydust80 on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 15:35

Hi

I've followed all instructions for the sims 4 ultimate fix and have been playing the game now for 2 days, however when i went to play today, it appears that the DLCs are no longer working and just the base game is available to play.... any help greatly appreciated!

fairydust80
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims, minecraft
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DLCs not working

Post by SeoY on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:16

Hi there, @fairydust80, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Any changes happened before you got this problem? A new antivirus, or an update, something like that?

And did you get any message at all when you started the game? Do you still have the latest version of the game?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fairydust80 on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:21

i believe i still have the latest version of the game and yes, now you mention it, the shortcut on the desktop wasn't working so i deleted it and made another one from the original location.......

fairydust80
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims, minecraft
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 26 Aug 2015, 22:15

@fairydust80 wrote:i believe i still have the latest version of the game and yes, now you mention it, the shortcut on the desktop wasn't working so i deleted it and made another one from the original location.......

When you say original location, you mean Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? Or from Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4? Remember that the folder needs to be in this last one.

Make sure that you don't have two copies of the game on your PC, and that one of them has the DLC and one of them hasn't. You can also try re-applying the Ultimate Fix to the new game location and see if you get the DLC back then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum