regarding expansions [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

regarding expansions [SOLVED]

Post by DNA_gtfoh on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 11:28

Hi, I'm new here and just have a question regarding the sims 3 installation instructions.

You say to install expansion packs before finally cracking the game, so does that mean I should get any expansion packs I want before attempting an installation or can I add expansions over time if I'd like to get them? thanks for your help.

DNA_gtfoh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: regarding expansions [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:25

Hi, @DNA_gtfoh, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, you are following these instructions here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

In the latest version, it seems that there is no need to install Expansion Packs for the base game to work. You just need to apply the latest Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix.

So, you can try it out. If you encounter any problems, be sure to let us know. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DNA_gtfoh on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:31

Thanks for the welcome and the response. Smile

I am following that thread, yes. What I meant was, the way the faq explains it is to install the base game, then expansions, and then crack and you're good to go. What I'm wondering is if, well, here's and example:

Let's say I install the base game, generations expansion and some stuff packs, and then use the ultimate fix in the last step and get the game running. But then later on I decide I would like to add the ambitions expansion. Would this not work because I'd already cracked over in the initial setup stages? Or am I free to add expansions at any time after initial setup?

Thanks for your help. Smile

DNA_gtfoh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:50

DNA_gtfoh wrote:Thanks for the welcome and the response. Smile

I am following that thread, yes. What I meant was, the way the faq explains it is to install the base game, then expansions, and then crack and you're good to go. What I'm wondering is if, well, here's and example:

Let's say I install the base game, generations expansion and some stuff packs, and then use the ultimate fix in the last step and get the game running. But then later on I decide I would like to add the ambitions expansion. Would this not work because I'd already cracked over in the initial setup stages? Or am I free to add expansions at any time after initial setup?

Thanks for your help. Smile

Ah, I see. Yes, you are free to install more Expansion Packs in the future without any problems. Most of the time just installing them will be enough, but in case of any problem you may have to re-apply the Ultimate Fix (just copy a few files over again). Still, adding more Expansion Packs or Stuff Packs in the future is definitively possible and very easy to do.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DNA_gtfoh on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 14:09

excellent! thanks for clearing that up for me. hopefully I can get this working smoothly. much appreciated, amigo.

DNA_gtfoh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 05:18

DNA_gtfoh wrote:excellent! thanks for clearing that up for me. hopefully I can get this working smoothly. much appreciated, amigo.

You're very welcome! I tip my fedora.

As your question seems answered now, I'll close the topic. If you ever encounter any other problems or have any more questions, don't doubt to open a new one. Have fun!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum