How to fix the Sims 4 (Problems with getting Origin not running message) for latest update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to fix the Sims 4 (Problems with getting Origin not running message) for latest update

Post by HelloLove98 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 02:06

So I just figured out the problem with my game and the reason why it wasn't playing, and I learned that it was my antivirus Windows Defender (Windows 8.1).

So here's a three-step way to solve the issue easily:

1. Turn off your antivirus
2. Re-install the update fix
3.Turn antivirus back on.

I don't know if this is the issue for EVERYONE, but I do know that the ultimate fix does get mistaken by antivirus as malware (WHEN IT REALLY ISN'T)

Tell me if this fixed it for you, and enjoy playing Smile

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- Carlos

The Sims 3 plumbob

HelloLove98
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and NBA 2K
Female Posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to fix the Sims 4 (Problems with getting Origin not running message) for latest update

Post by Whiz2015 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 02:14

Can you tell me please why cant you play ur sims 4? I mean was it origin error like most of us ? and how you know ur anti virus block it. Like did you get some messege or ? I just wanna know because I did install my ultimate fix before I disabled my anti virus. oh Ok nvm about what kind of error I just notice it in your title lol been working on this sims 4 problem for hrs and hrs so tired T__T.

Whiz2015
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to fix the Sims 4 (Problems with getting Origin not running message) for latest update

Post by HelloLove98 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 05:29

@Whiz2015 wrote:Can you tell me please why cant you play ur sims 4? I mean was it origin error like most of us ? and how you know ur anti virus block it. Like did you get some messege or ? I just wanna know because I did install my ultimate fix before I disabled my anti virus. oh Ok nvm about what kind of error I just notice it in your title lol been working on this sims 4 problem for hrs and hrs so tired T__T.

I knew it was my antivirus bc Windows Defender would always give me a notification telling me that it had detected malware as soon as I start extracting the files into the programs folder. 

After I did that I tried again and issue was resolved Smile

The Sims 3 plumbob

HelloLove98
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and NBA 2K
Female Posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiz2015 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 06:49

Ok ty, I didn't get any of those messege so I guess mine was disabled that time, I am using avast and had to change a lot of stuff according to the guide was given here...I been trying to fix my sims for 2 days now and tomorrow im back to work and I still not able to play lol I am not so good with computer so that's another problem, anything wrong I cant do something without a guide xd

Whiz2015
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum