Origin Found Issues With My Sims 3 Files/Launcher Has Stopped Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Found Issues With My Sims 3 Files/Launcher Has Stopped Working

Post by TaraP82 on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 21:27

Hopefully this is the right place... and so far, I haven't seen any other posts about this... 

So.... today, I logged into Origin - was thinking about playing Sims 4 (base game - legit copy) and a thing popped up saying they found issues with my Sims 3 files, click here to repair... without thinking... I clicked "here" ...  and it went through my games installed - however, it only showed the games that I actually purchased (I have all games and stuff packs installed - I own the base game, Pets, Supernatural, Outdoor Living Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Ambitions, High End Loft Stuff, and World Adventures... the rest are all cracked games downloaded from G4TW) ...   So - I sat there HOPING it didn't discover that I had the cracked games installed, but I think perhaps it might have... I'm not 100% sure if THAT is the issue or not, but when I went to try to start the game, using the Into The Future icon (cracked) -  it said "Launcher has stopped working" - bypassing the launcher didn't work either... I tried a different one and I got an error "base game is not up to date" (or some such thing)  ...  I logged out of origin and back in...  it showed the file error thing again...so I clicked on it...  accepted user agreements..blah blah...  and then it told me that my "Outdoor Living Stuff" was unauthorized and to call EA customer support (really not wanting to do that, especially if they discovered my cracked games) ...  It most definitely IS a legit copy ...  and I can't do anything with the game... 

So I guess...  long story short

Did Origin update their database and is now searching my Sims 3 files and discover that I have cracked games installed so now I'm locked out of playing it??  Or is this some other issue completely??    Do I just need to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall? (for probably the 1000th time)   - Hopefully somebody can help me figure this out...

Thanks in advance.

TaraP82
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin Found Issues With My Sims 3 Files/Launcher Has Stopped Working

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 01:19

Maybe you can fix it by reapplying the fix only?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems#

Please let us know if it solved your problem or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaraP82 on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 02:57

I'll give it a shot and let you know.  Thanks again Smile

TaraP82
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiptronic1881 on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 23:43

I try to click on this link but the MAC Fix link isn't working.  Please advise.  Thanks.

tiptronic1881
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 05:15

@tiptronic1881 wrote:I try to click on this link but the MAC Fix link isn't working.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Can you try again now? Admin was doing some changes on the server, so those pages could have been down temporarily. There's also a mirror link right next to the other one, if needed.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum