"error during startup" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"error during startup" [SOLVED]

Post by sims4twenty on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 09:37

Hi, so I have reinstalled sims 3 about three tmes now, I have realized that i get the error only after I update the patch to 0.67? anyone know why?
i have cleaned the registry manually and uninstalled origin.

sims4twenty
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "error during startup" [SOLVED]

Post by Ɛɗιη on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 09:55

Hello,

Have you tried it with a clean "The Sims 3" folder in Documents? Sometimes this can occur due to bad caches. To do this, simply rename the existing folder to anything you want. A new one will be generated. 
You'll have to reinstall any mods/cc after that though.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims4twenty on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 09:58

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Have you tried it with a clean "The Sims 3" folder in Documents? Sometimes this can occur due to bad caches. To do this, simply rename the existing folder to anything you want. A new one will be generated. 
You'll have to reinstall any mods/cc after that though.
yeah completely new folder, no mods or anything WhatDidUJustCallMe? so weird?

sims4twenty
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 22:12

Hello,

Ok, I know this is going to sound dreadful, but please uninstall the base game (not the expansions!), restart your pc, reinstall the base game and apply the patch and crack.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims4twenty on Tue 01 Sep 2015, 23:36

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Ok, I know this is going to sound dreadful, but please uninstall the base game (not the expansions!), restart your pc, reinstall the base game and apply the patch and crack.
i have done that, i don't mind doing it again lol just want to get it to work. I installed your uninstaller and deleted all my sims, cleaned the registry using that as well, just tried reinstalling base game through origin, (i have base game and a couple expansions through origin) and I got the same error again! mannn.... waiting to see when an admin comes on to do team viewer until then i shall just keep lookng for a solution.

update:
A wonder admin SeoY has helped me solve my problem, i am just very stupid. make sure you check those registry keys people! and seriously this site is very amazing, and am very thankful for the hour of help! much appreciated. thank you lady ElDi to for the replies Can't touch banana Can't touch banana

sims4twenty
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 01:52

@sims4twenty wrote:i have done that, i don't mind doing it again lol just want to get it to work. I installed your uninstaller and deleted all my sims, cleaned the registry using that as well, just tried reinstalling base game through origin, (i have base game and a couple expansions through origin) and I got the same error again! mannn.... waiting to see when an admin comes on to do team viewer until then i shall just keep lookng for a solution.

update:
A wonder admin SeoY has helped me solve my problem, i am just very stupid. make sure you check those registry keys people! and seriously this site is very amazing, and am very thankful for the hour of help! much appreciated. thank you lady ElDi to for the replies Can't touch banana Can't touch banana

Problem was solved through TeamViewer, by deleting some leftover registry keys from Master Suite Stuff.

Glad to hear that your problem is solved now! Very Happy
Topic closed. Make sure to come back if you ever need anything else. Have fun!

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum