I Broke My Game Using CC Merged: How Do I Undo It?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Broke My Game Using CC Merged: How Do I Undo It?

Post by TurtleShroom on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 22:01

Good afternoon.

I've played your pirated form of "Sims III" for many years and I love it to pieces. After so many years of playing it, I have naturally accumulated hundreds of custom items. I'm no hair and features person, which saved me a lot of trouble, but I do have scores of furniture and lots and so on. It's clogged my game and made it slow to load and save.

I discovered "CC Merger" on this site and set to work deploying it. To my disappointment, it failed miserably and crashed my game. I decided to go ahead and uninstall it, but now, none of my SIMS3PACK Download files are being read and my custom content and Worlds aren't spawning.

There's no way I'll be able to relocate everything I've ever downloaded; indeed, it'd take weeks if I'm lucky.

How exactly do I undo this mess I've made? If that's even possible, is there some way to merge custom content like SIMS3PACK and PACKAGE files that won't bork my game up?

Thank you for your help.
-TURTLESHROOM

TurtleShroom
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : "Crusader Kings II", "Europa Univeralis IV", "Victoria II", "Sim City IV", "Roller Coaster Tycoon II", "Sid Meier's Sim Golf", "Sims III", "Minecraft", "Rise of Nations", "Miditzer", "Democracy III", "Tropico V", "Superpower II"
Male Posts : 10

View user profile http://fanon.clubpenguinwiki.info

Back to top Go down

Re: I Broke My Game Using CC Merged: How Do I Undo It?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 10:19

Hello,

Do you still have the CCmagic folder in Documents/Electronic Arts? Your sims3packs and packages are in there somewhere. The program has sorted them into folders in it's folder in Documents. If the folder is missing, try your recycle bin.

Now, when you've recovered them, there are indeed ways to merge your custom content. Sims3packs can be unpacked into packages, and packages can be merged. I've done it before and it worked like a charm. More about that here.
Sims3packs can be unpacked and the packages merged, this tool unpacks them. 

You'll still have to install world files the regular way, but unpacking sims3packs and merging them should make quite a difference.

A note: It already says so in the tutorial that shows you how to merge packages, but it is vital to remember that packages shouldn't be bigger than 200mb. 
It may also be a good idea to check for conflicting mods/cc before you go through the process of merging them.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14322

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurtleShroom on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 03:48

Would it be possible for me to send you all my files and have you merge them?

I can't code my way out of a paper bag and I can't even seem to get the packages, worlds, and SIMS3PACK files to show up in the game. I have the files, but the SIMS3PACK files are either not installing or just not beging recognized.

If you don't want to accept a task like that, I understand. If you refuse my request, I'll keep trying based on your advice and write back the results.

TurtleShroom
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : "Crusader Kings II", "Europa Univeralis IV", "Victoria II", "Sim City IV", "Roller Coaster Tycoon II", "Sid Meier's Sim Golf", "Sims III", "Minecraft", "Rise of Nations", "Miditzer", "Democracy III", "Tropico V", "Superpower II"

Back to top Go down

Post by TurtleShroom on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 03:50

Also, I am very grateful for those resources you linked in your reply. I will make good use of those soon.

TurtleShroom
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum