Cannot start the game at all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Thu 03 Sep 2015, 17:15

Hi, sorry for bothering you all.

I've followed the video instructions for the newest fix step by step, my antivirus and firewall was turned off like it was said in the guide. And after finishing it all, I can't start the game. After double clicking the TS4.exe absolutely nothing happens. Before turning off the antivirus I had the popular origin error, but after completely re-downloading and re-installing the game there is no pop-up of error, there is nothing... Sad

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:23

@SadakoNya wrote:Hi, sorry for bothering you all.

I've followed the video instructions for the newest fix step by step, my antivirus and firewall was turned off like it was said in the guide. And after finishing it all, I can't start the game. After double clicking the TS4.exe absolutely nothing happens. Before turning off the antivirus I had the popular origin error, but after completely re-downloading and re-installing the game there is no pop-up of error, there is nothing... Sad
Hi there! What's your video card? Please, try updating its driver before anything else.

Now, open the folder where you installed the game, probably "Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin" (the game should be there if you followed the instructions properly), right click the TS4.exe file and select "Run as Administrator".

If it doesn't work, rename your "The Sims 4" folder inside your Documents folder to something else.

Let's know if you got the game running properly this time.

Happy simming!!

Tea 5 Tea 5

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4200
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 15:50

After I updated my card (GeForce GTX 660) and messed a bit with the name of the folder, I'm getting the famous origin error... Sad

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 07:11

@SadakoNya wrote:After I updated my card (GeForce GTX 660) and messed a bit with the name of the folder, I'm getting the famous origin error... Sad
That is a GOOD thing, it means you were actually having some issues with the driver or something else, now you are in a more "popular" boat (it does not mean your problem is solved already, but it means you advanced one step, yay).

You can try applying the "fix only" torrent, which has only the cracked DLL that the anti viruses like to remove.

Which anti virus do you have in your machine?

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4200
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:43

Im using F-secure, currently it's disabled completely, but the error remains.

Actually, I've decided to buy the legal copy of the sims 4 and tried to apply your patch from the video. The game started, which made me unbelievebly happy, but the white screen with the sim crystal covers 90% of the screen. Have you heard about this problem? Sad

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SeoY on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 19:05

@SadakoNya wrote:Im using F-secure, currently it's disabled completely, but the error remains.

Actually, I've decided to buy the legal copy of the sims 4 and tried to apply your patch from the video. The game started, which made me unbelievebly happy, but the white screen with the sim crystal covers 90% of the screen. Have you heard about this problem? Sad

Hi there! Very Happy

Sorry for the late reply. Could you explain your problem a little better? What do you mean that it's covering 90% of the screen? Normally the game opens in fullscreen, but you can change that from the in-game options. Or what exactly is it that you are seeing?

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726
Points : 3584
Reputation : 298
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 21:11

I can't make a screenshot right now since I've re-installed the game (but I can apply the patch again tomorrow and screen it), but I made a picture, I hope it's clear enough. 

So when I tried to, for example, enter the create-a-sim, i could see the menu on top and the bottom, but the white part covers the rest of the screen.

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by haecceityx on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 20:52

I'm having the exact same problem with nothing happening after updating to the newest fix. I did everything as the video said, I renamed my folder in Documents and my video card is up to date. Nothing. I tried to download the fix only, but I couldn't see where from, there are no links to be found or maybe I'm just blind. Any ideas on what I could do?

haecceityx
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 650
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:32

Hi again! Please, try running the game in Windowed mode, then rezise the window manually by grabbing a corner. Let's know if it changed anything Wink



Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4200
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by haecceityx on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:47

@haecceityx wrote:I'm having the exact same problem with nothing happening after updating to the newest fix. I did everything as the video said, I renamed my folder in Documents and my video card is up to date. Nothing. I tried to download the fix only, but I couldn't see where from, there are no links to be found or maybe I'm just blind. Any ideas on what I could do?
I successfully got rid of the issue by following these instructions:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-PLAY-button-won-t-highlite/m-p/3441529/highlight/false#M6256

Hope it helps if anyone else ever stumbles upon this problem.

haecceityx
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 650
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SeoY on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 13:16

@haecceityx wrote:I successfully got rid of the issue by following these instructions:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-PLAY-button-won-t-highlite/m-p/3441529/highlight/false#M6256

Hope it helps if anyone else ever stumbles upon this problem.

Hi there! Very Happy

I fixed your link. Thanks for letting us know! That's a very interesting solution, and it may even work for other problems apart from this one. 

Thanks again!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.


"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
avatar
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726
Points : 3584
Reputation : 298
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 21
Location : City of Tears

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Nyssa on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 16:35

This did not work for me Sad. The Sims 4 (including Get To Work) worked perfectly until the newest update, which causes my game to freeze at start up (like the screenshot posted above). Deleting the Origin files did not work, I already moved the folder, my anti-virus has all of the folders in the exceptionlist and my videocard is up to date. Help?

Edit: This is.. really random, but after doing all these things and rebooting my PC it worked (before rebooting it didn't).

Thanks so much n_n

Nyssa
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Slave to the Sims
Female Posts : 6
Points : 983
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-10-23
Location : the Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 20:29

So after re-installing and applying the fix without any antivirus software I've returned to the origin error group ;_; Luckily someone managed to run their game, I guess I'm just out of luck :C

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Nyssa on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 20:32

@SadakoNya wrote:So after re-installing and applying the fix without any antivirus software I've returned to the origin error group ;_; Luckily someone managed to run their game, I guess I'm just out of luck :C

So moving it from Program Files to another folder (completely) didn't fix that error for you? Because the origin error was fixed for me when I moved it (that's just when the freezing started)

Nyssa
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Slave to the Sims
Female Posts : 6
Points : 983
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-10-23
Location : the Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 21:37

No, it didn't. i tried to move it to program files, then flat on disc C: and even on the deskop.

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by Nyssa on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 21:50

@SadakoNya wrote:No, it didn't. i tried to move it to program files, then flat on disc C: and even on the deskop.

I'm sorry for asking a "duhh" question, I'm just trying to be thourough: You cut-pasted (aka removed them completely from Program Files), right? {Not just copied them}. If so then I have no idea how to fix that :c I hope a fix comes soon for you

Nyssa
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Slave to the Sims
Female Posts : 6
Points : 983
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-10-23
Location : the Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot start the game at all

Post by SadakoNya on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 20:10

@Nyssa wrote:
@SadakoNya wrote:No, it didn't. i tried to move it to program files, then flat on disc C: and even on the deskop.

I'm sorry for asking a "duhh" question, I'm just trying to be thourough: You cut-pasted (aka removed them completely from Program Files), right? {Not just copied them}. If so then I have no idea how to fix that :c I hope a fix comes soon for you
Of course I did Sad And well, I just need to be patient. Or rich.

SadakoNya
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 669
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum