The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 4 - "Origin not Running" Issue with latest Fix - In Wine Wrapper

Post by sufferagette on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 02:07

Hey guys, I got as far as this but now it's telling me to "Please update your game via Origin to play."

I can't seem to find anyone else addressing this in the forums... have any of you encountered it?

Thanks!

sufferagette
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile http://sufferagette.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingEdwardKenway on Tue 06 Dec 2016, 08:56

@sufferagette wrote:Hey guys, I got as far as this but now it's telling me to "Please update your game via Origin to play."

I can't seem to find anyone else addressing this in the forums... have any of you encountered it?

Thanks!
Alright, the solution should be pretty simple.
Just go into your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete the file called "GameVersion.txt".

Cheers!

KingEdwardKenway
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly_Warrior on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 00:04

Alright, so now I have this new problem.. I've got everything installed just in the way that is explained perfectly fine. 
But when I start the game and get the: "Origin has encountered a serious problem and needs to close." message, the game just won't start! 
If I just ignore the message, nothing happens.. If I mouse click "Close" or simply press Enter, the program REALLY closes!! 

So what should I do? Have followed everything you guys put in links at this forum, but just can't get it together!

Please help!

Grizzly_Warrior
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sohviizz on Sat 24 Dec 2016, 11:49

@angellion wrote:Hello,

So i am running into the same issues but i have a different ending:

- Base game + get to work launches, no problem
- Installing get together + the ultimate fix causes the origin message. Game doesn't launch
- I did install origin (oldest version of the installer, I found it myself but I assume that's the same as the one posted above)
- The game launches after the origin error message, I can play.

Except : ALL THE PACKS and EXPANSIONS are not there. I cannot load any of the extra content, I am told that I don't have it.

Anyone else having this issue? Can you please confirm that when you do the origin install trick, you are supposed to have everything?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution for this?

sohviizz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uRabbit on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 03:01

Having the same issue that @zappster was having before they got it working. I've tried the Origin installation trick, but it just says that it cannot install (no executable?) and quits. 

As for the error saying that you need Windows 7 to install Origins, just open up Wineskin from inside the wrapper, go to Advanced, Tools, Config Utility. At the bottom of that window you can set which release of Windows to use. I selected Windows 7 and stopped getting the error. 

However, still not able to install it due to "no executable". Sad

edit: Downloaded a Legacy version of Origin and got it to install with the expected "Origin had to close" issue. Started game. Still not showing expansion content except for the UI updates.

uRabbit
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeker on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 09:58

My Sims 4 is telling me to Run the sims 4 as administrator if it was my first time playing..obvi can't do that bc I'm on a mac...help!! This is after I installed city living and my old wrapper wouldn't even open so now I've made a new wrapper and re-done everything and even tried turning on the firewall but it hasn't worked so far help!

animeker
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animeker on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 21:41

@uRabbit wrote:Having the same issue that @zappster was having before they got it working. I've tried the Origin installation trick, but it just says that it cannot install (no executable?) and quits. 

As for the error saying that you need Windows 7 to install Origins, just open up Wineskin from inside the wrapper, go to Advanced, Tools, Config Utility. At the bottom of that window you can set which release of Windows to use. I selected Windows 7 and stopped getting the error. 

However, still not able to install it due to "no executable". Sad

edit: Downloaded a Legacy version of Origin and got it to install with the expected "Origin had to close" issue. Started game. Still not showing expansion content except for the UI updates.
Can you link me the Legacy version, maybe I can try it

animeker
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zappster on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:49

@sohviizz wrote:
@angellion wrote:Hello,

So i am running into the same issues but i have a different ending:

- Base game + get to work launches, no problem
- Installing get together + the ultimate fix causes the origin message. Game doesn't launch
- I did install origin (oldest version of the installer, I found it myself but I assume that's the same as the one posted above)
- The game launches after the origin error message, I can play.

Except : ALL THE PACKS and EXPANSIONS are not there. I cannot load any of the extra content, I am told that I don't have it.

Anyone else having this issue? Can you please confirm that when you do the origin install trick, you are supposed to have everything?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution for this?

What Macs do you guys have? I'm using a Macbook Air and all the packs aren't working on my laptop. But when I copied the wrapper on my friend's Pro, it showed. I think it's because of my laptop. Sad

zappster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixdies1828 on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 02:04

Hey, I followed the first step here, but I don't have the same directory so I don't know how to add the DLCs. Also tried installing the base game + ultimate fix but it won't work. Can anybody help me? I want to add the base game and DLCs. Thanks a ton!

phoenixdies1828
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum