Sims 3 Crashing: ACCESS_VIOLATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashing: ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by laurenidfk on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 00:59

Hey everyone, i'm really sorry if this has been posted about before but i've looked all over the internet and can't find a fix anywhere but my sims has crashed twice due to "ACCESS_VIOLATION". 

Here is the exception info of the last crash:
[Exception info]
date: 2015-09-06
time: 00.19.39
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000000
address: 0x6ed672d7 "C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9185_none_d0905a48442809b8\MSVCR80.dll":0x0001:0x000162d7

Its been running fine all day and the past few days other than being laggy but it never crashed. I had downloaded some compatible sims and items from the exchange store and the overwatch mod to help out with the lagging. I'm running windows 10 and i don't really know my laptop specs but they arent anything special, they've been able to handle sims 3 on like normal graphics for the past year and games such as half life 2 and penumbra have ran just fine if that gives you an idea on how "good" my specs are (I know theyre not heavy games but I'm just trying to prove im not trying to get something like the sims to run on a toaster). 

The crashing has happened twice, first time was playing as usual on my home lot in island paridiso or whatever its called and then the second time was when i was in create a sim dressing a sim i had downloaded from the exchange. Any help would be appreciated, willing to try anything other than uninstall everything and reinstall because i deleted the zip and it took 2 days to download and install everything i needed. Thanks for reading cheers

EDIT: Just saw that although i'm on windows 10 it thinks im on Vista, maybe this can help?

laurenidfk
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Crashing: ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 10:03

Hello,

First, try your game with a clean folder. To do this, go to Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the The Sims 3 folder (doesn't matter what you call it, as long as it's renamed).

That way, you can find out if it was the CC that's causing the crashes. Just start a test game and run it for a while. Good luck!

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14292

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Crashing: ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by laurenidfk on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 18:31

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

First, try your game with a clean folder. To do this, go to Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the The Sims 3 folder (doesn't matter what you call it, as long as it's renamed).

That way, you can find out if it was the CC that's causing the crashes. Just start a test game and run it for a while. Good luck!
Didn't work:( This time it crashed while i was loading into CAS. I also tried launching it from ts3w.exe but it crashed again. I noticed that when i was loading into CAS it was all black other than some text and that little box of like a family in the corner (you probably never noticed it before). Would this be the black screen issue everyone keeps mentioning?

laurenidfk
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum