Did every step but not responding~ [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did every step but not responding~ [SOLVED]

Post by Kerari on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 02:24

I followed every step of the video, excluded all the files and folders that should be allowed but when I get to The Sims 4 screen, it becomes not responding.
Im not sure how to fix this ~ It'll be nice if anyone can help me out ~!   Help

Kerari
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Did every step but not responding~ [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:15

Hi there, @Kerari! Very Happy

Did you wait for a little bit before closing the game? Sometimes, when loading, the game will say that it's not responding. But if you wait for a little bit without choosing to close it, it will respond again and open normally.

Also, try temporarily renaming the The Sims 4 folder inside Documents\Electronic Arts. When the game starts, it will create a new folder. See if the game starts up fine then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerari on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:44

@SeoY wrote:Hi there, @Kerari! Very Happy

Did you wait for a little bit before closing the game? Sometimes, when loading, the game will say that it's not responding. But if you wait for a little bit without choosing to close it, it will respond again and open normally.

Also, try temporarily renaming the The Sims 4 folder inside Documents\Electronic Arts. When the game starts, it will create a new folder. See if the game starts up fine then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!
THANK YOU SO MUCH~! 

It seems like after I renamed the folder, it started to load up fine!

Again, thank you SeoY!

Kerari
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:50

@Kerari wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH~! 

Again, thank you SeoY!

You're very welcome! Very Happy

If you didn't have any old saves or Mods installed, then you can delete the old folder safely. But if you have some saves that you'd like to keep, or any Mods, you'll have to transfer them to the new folder. Keep in mind that it's possible that an outdated Mod was the one causing this issue.

Is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerari on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 19:28

@SeoY wrote:
@Kerari wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH~! 

Again, thank you SeoY!

You're very welcome! Very Happy

If you didn't have any old saves or Mods installed, then you can delete the old folder safely. But if you have some saves that you'd like to keep, or any Mods, you'll have to transfer them to the new folder. Keep in mind that it's possible that an outdated Mod was the one causing this issue.

Is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?
Nope~! 

I figured it also seemed like I had an outdated mod and had to start moving them in and out to check which one ~!
Thank you so much for your help !

Kerari
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 19:30

@Kerari wrote:Nope~! 

I figured it also seemed like I had an outdated mod and had to start moving them in and out to check which one ~!
Thank you so much for your help !

You're very welcome! I tip my fedora.

As your problem seems solved now, I'll close this topic. If you need anything else, or have any more questions, don't doubt to open a new one. Have fun!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum