Karaoke Videos, by Sim Architect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Karaoke Videos, by Sim Architect

Post by Adwomin on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 16:58

Sorry about your uncle, Sim.

Thanks for the videos, your look changed a lot since I last saw you in one of your other videos.
Had to tune down the volume a few times, because either you're sitting to close the microphone, or it's just a bad mic. Razz

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 23:24

I'll watch this tomorrow when my entire family isn't asleep since Admin said it the volume ups at random times.

In somewhere you look like you have tears in your eyes and even though I'm 14 and you'd look like a pedo if I did, I wish I could hug you right now No 

Sorry about your uncle, loss is hard and it's a huge shame that it's a natural part of life.

coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 08:04

Admin wrote:Sorry about your uncle, Sim.

Thanks for the videos, your look changed a lot since I last saw you in one of your other videos.
Had to tune down the volume a few times, because either you're sitting to close the microphone, or it's just a bad mic. Razz
Thanks. Yes, I think it is both, and bad audio editing as well, sorry.

I unlisted the videos, so the only way to get them is through here (until I decide to take them off maybe?). It was just one thing that I felt like doing, maybe just a dumb artsy feeling thing that I did not think through for sure.

Yes, my look changed a lot, as usual Smile

It is a new microphone (not too cheap, but not professional as well, and yes, I was trying to sing very closely to it because I heard it is supposed to sound richer and better, but I need to set the volume right when I mix it with the background etc). I know both my pitch and timing aren't good as they were before when I used to karaoke more (maybe someday I share a link, who knows?) but... It was just a moment thing, something I just wanted to do no matter if it was good or bad (it seems people hate it, as I got more dislikes than likes).

I will learn how to handle the microphone and maybe I get my singing at least as good it was before (not that it was THAT good, but you get the point)...

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 08:07

@coolcandy3001 wrote:I'll watch this tomorrow when my entire family isn't asleep since Admin said it the volume ups at random times.

In somewhere you look like you have tears in your eyes and even though I'm 14 and you'd look like a pedo if I did, I wish I could hug you right now No 

Sorry about your uncle, loss is hard and it's a huge shame that it's a natural part of life.

It is ok. Thanks for the virtual hug, and no pedo at all, I think that adults and kids can still hug in public and without "second" intentions Smile

Somewhere is a very touching song for me, I used to sing it much better, but my throat was irritated and I really lost my range (both high and low) since I last played around with karaoke.

I unlisted my videos, so they are (still) available only through here from now (I got more dislikes than likes, it means I sound pretty terrible, sorry).

Anyway, it was just something I wanted to do, nothing pro, nothing good, just sincere.

I wish you a great week!

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 11 Sep 2015, 23:46

Ahh, what happened? Sad
I wasn't talking about your voice, I was really talking about the sound quality (of the microphone), mostly in the first video.

Ignore the haters, Sim. Maybe your voice wasn't perfect; who cares, no one is perfect. This:
@Sim Architect wrote:but... It was just a moment thing, something I just wanted to do no matter if it was good or bad
was exactly the reason why I listened all of them and enjoyed listening to your voice: because it was a "moment thing", I could really feel your emotions through your voice.
It's like writing a love letter. If you write a love letter by hand, the other person will "read" your emotions through your (nervous?) handwriting, in contrast to typing a love letter via a computer. Which will be less personal and contain less emotion.

No matter what you do, the haters will always hate. Smile Look at the bright side of life instead, it's much nicer.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 14:49

Admin wrote:Ahh, what happened? Sad
I wasn't talking about your voice, I was really talking about the sound quality (of the microphone), mostly in the first video.

Ignore the haters, Sim. Maybe your voice wasn't perfect; who cares, no one is perfect. This:
@Sim Architect wrote:but... It was just a moment thing, something I just wanted to do no matter if it was good or bad
was exactly the reason why I listened all of them and enjoyed listening to your voice: because it was a "moment thing", I could really feel your emotions through your voice.
It's like writing a love letter. If you write a love letter by hand, the other person will "read" your emotions through your (nervous?) handwriting, in contrast to typing a love letter via a computer. Which will be less personal and contain less emotion.

No matter what you do, the haters will always hate. Smile Look at the bright side of life instead, it's much nicer.
Thanks a lot!!

You're completely right! I made the videos private after a while because the "situation" involved someone else besides me, indirectly (my deceased relative), and I felt a bit unsure if I should keep that public for longer.

Yes, I expressed my emotion in the moment I felt it, how I felt it and I have no regrets at all, thanks. I just felt it was time to "close the door" for some privacy after that.

I had videos in the past using my legal name which stayed on line for a couple of years, and they were fun to be out there, then I removed them due to "personal legal matters" (nothing copyright related, but some personal issues that could conflict).

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed my videos, it's very nice of you to tell me that, specially considering how busy you are Smile

True thing about haters, though. I am quite happy with the last tutorials, I used to get some bashing before because of my voice (high pitch for a "regular" man), but now I got almost 35000 views and no hate at all, so happy to be able to "share the love" in peace!

I will come up with more karaoke videos sometime in the future, don't worry. But I want to do it without involving a third party so strongly like that, which was more like "a letter to my friends who were closest, to hear what I had to say when I had to say and wanted to listen to it" (I don't know why I am quoting myself here, but just felt like it, done Very Happy ).

Time for some "resting pills tea"!

All hail King Tea! All hail King Tea! All hail King Tea!

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down