The Sims 3 Has Stopped Running!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Running!

Post by LunaDreams on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:30

Hello,

It's me again, sorry for bothering everyone. You see I love the Sims 3 and I was going to make a Lets Play, I was really keen to video it and all until I test run it to see if it worked. Of course it worked, but after I created a sim and a pet, I was halfway through the sims lifetime points when the game crashed, literally. It just said The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working and Is Trying To Find A Solution.

I've dealt with some problems like this in the past but me being a total  Noob I forgot how too.

I was currently downloading World Adventures and I've already got the expansions: Generations, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, University Life.

Dealing a few problems with mods, I accidentally pasted recource.cfg in the documents folder and I deleted it. I wondered if I deleted an important source by mistake. I downloaded the Error Trap mod but then deleted it again seeing if it was the problem. Here are my mods: 

UpgradeTimes30min
S-ClubSkin
Overwatch
MastercontrollerCheatsPackage
MasterController
nointro
nobuildsparkles
modelingposepack
Lolashoes
lolashoesV1
lifetimerewards0.05x
poseplayer
skysimsretexture

thats all! I hope one of you will be able to help me out.  Crying or Very sad

//EDIT\\

Ok, so after I installed World Adventures and applied it's crack I tested it on a sim and it worked fine for the past 10 minutes. I'm really confused right now.

LunaDreams
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1 The Sims 3 The Sims 4 PvZGardenWarefare
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Running!

Post by Ɛɗιη on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 12:22

Hello,

Crashes can and will happen at random in The Sims 3, there's not always a specific cause for this. However, you can work through this list if it happens often.

The file resource.cfg is needed to make mods/packages work, so it's not that big a deal for your game, it may mean that your mods no longer work though, if it is no longer present in the mods folder.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Running!

Post by LunaDreams on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 13:23

Thanks, that was a big help to me. It seemed to be working fine after I installed World Adventures, Ambitions and applied their cracks. Just to be safe I followed the instructions and added the folders to my DEP. I was so worried on having to follow the other instructions and uninstall the game completely and spend 3 days installing it all over again!  Pikachu 

Now I can go on with my Lets Play, anyway the mods seem to be working correctly as I assume the resource.cfg does not need to be in The Sims 3 Documents Folder but only in the Mod Folder. I'm not really sure if it's the pets that is causing the problem.

Thanks again!  cheers

//EDIT\\

Sorry again, after I installed Showtime I got it to work for like 2 hours, then I exited then started all over again, for like 10 minutes it was working until the problem came up again. I installed a few mod cc's and the cc content on the launcher. I don't think it's the cc's on the launcher but I'm not too sure about the mod cc's. Just to be safe I uninstalled them, I mainly think it's the mods because since I applied the cracks all over again it was working fine until I installed the mods.  No

LunaDreams
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1 The Sims 3 The Sims 4 PvZGardenWarefare
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down