Error during start up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during start up

Post by Vizula on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 04:42

I don't mean to hop into this thread, but I'm experiencing the same exact problem. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled exactly how the instructions say to do, and I still receive this same error. I'm kinda getting irritated at this, as I had a perfectly good working copy from rg catalyst over six months ago until I accidentally destroyed it by patching. 

Can you please tell me exactly where we are to install the games themselves in the main drive? Are they supposed to be in the Electronic Arts folder, or elsewhere? Could that be a factor?

Vizula
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error during start up

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 12:18

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. I've split your reply and made it into a new topic, we find it easier to deal with individual problems Smile

The version you had before, did that have a standard installer or was it modified? We tend to see this problem with modified installers from time to time. If that's the case, there might be a number of registry entries left over from your modified installer and those are tricky to get rid of.

Usually it's not a problem if you don't install the game in the default location, there could be some problems if you install on an external HD, and it gets assigned a different drive letter the next time you start your pc.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizula on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 19:41

Yeah it was a modified installer, which is why I went in and wiped the registry by hand on anything that had sims 3 or any reference to the installer, as well as ran it through two different registry cleaners. I do a lot of work with computers in both professional and personal lives. That's why I was getting very frustrated. I believe I've figured it out, and it's mainly due to not so clear instructions in the installation guide, but issues have been resolved, apparently you have to play the game from the Into the Future, or latest installed expansion pack/stuff pack in order for the game to work.

Vizula
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 18:03

@Vizula wrote:Yeah it was a modified installer, which is why I went in and wiped the registry by hand on anything that had sims 3 or any reference to the installer, as well as ran it through two different registry cleaners. I do a lot of work with computers in both professional and personal lives. That's why I was getting very frustrated. I believe I've figured it out, and it's mainly due to not so clear instructions in the installation guide, but issues have been resolved, apparently you have to play the game from the Into the Future, or latest installed expansion pack/stuff pack in order for the game to work.

Hi there, @Vizula, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Are you talking about the shortcuts? Because there should be no need to open a specific one, as all of them typically open the Launcher to start the game from there.
When you say 'Installation Guide', are you talking about the PDFs inside the torrents or the guide here in the Forum? Because the PDFs have been outdated for a very long time, excluding the very last ones, and they can't be updated without breaking the torrent. So, it's very unpractical. That's why we have the latest guide always here in the Forum:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#
But if it's this one that you find unclear, suggestions are always welcome.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1729

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum