Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by MsAubree on Sat 03 Oct 2015, 09:28

I always come to this forum like  Why God. and leave like  Carlos is tha man!!!  I downloaded the files & can finally enjoy my Detective career like old times.

MsAubree
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaesse on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 21:29

There is a way to save MOST of the download time using the KAT (unpacked) version of his DL.  If you are not comfortable manipulating files in the filesystem and doing more than just waiting for your torrent client to finish, this is probably not for you.

Set up a folder (for safety, this should be a different folder than the two we're copying from) with the files from the Ultimate Fix from Games4theWorld, then copy into it the EP01 folders from the Games4theWorld download (assuming you've already gotten both) making sure to put them in the same locations relatively.  The EP01 folders are in the main DL folder as well as under "__Installer" and "Delta".  Then tell your torrent client to DL the KAT version to the SAME folder you just set up.  Stop the torrent and tell it to do a "Force Re-Check" (if your client doesn't have this, rebooting may help, otherwise I have no real suggestions).

This process should find the files you've placed in the folder, and WHERE THEY MATCH call them done.  I ended up with just under 200MB to download, a SIGNIFICANT reduction from the original 4.29 GB.  Your mileage may vary, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by Vaesse on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 21:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight clarification.)

Vaesse
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile http://vaesse.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 00:04

See this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-and-the-ultimate-fix

There was an error with the "old" fix, hence I removed the old links and re-uploaded a corrected version on MediaFire. The Admin is going to provide more (mirror) links and a torrent too; stay tuned.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14067

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaesse on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 03:35

Ah, I looked at and then left that thread because I hadn't tried going to Granite Falls, but I knew I had issues with the Get to Work jobs...

Maybe mention in the initial post there that it solves this issue (and the travel ones, that apparently the above mentioned fix solved)?

Vaesse
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : RPGs and Puzzle Games
Female Posts : 2

View user profile http://vaesse.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bellakay08 on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:20

Maybe I'm just not applying the Fix update correctly, but it still isn't working for me. I followed all of the instructions and yet I'm still getting the same llama icons with no tasks showing when my sim goes to work. If anyone could help that would be great... thank you!

bellakay08
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:26

@bellakay08 wrote:Maybe I'm just not applying the Fix update correctly, but it still isn't working for me. I followed all of the instructions and yet I'm still getting the same llama icons with no tasks showing when my sim goes to work. If anyone could help that would be great... thank you!

Please see my latest (edited) Global Announcement here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-get-to-work-and-the-ultimate-fix

I posted a link to a "fix addition" there because we (just) found out that there were still some in-game glitches. The addition is just 70MB in filesize, and after downloading, copy + paste that "Delta"-folder into your game install folder of The Sims 4. Overwrite all old files when prompted. Then test the game again. Good luck !

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellakay08 on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:40

Thank you! So do I just do the Delta folder then?  Or overwrite all files just like in the Ultimate Fix?

bellakay08
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:46

@bellakay08 wrote:Thank you! So do I just do the Delta folder then?  Or overwrite all files just like in the Ultimate Fix?

Yes, apply the fix addition after the main Ultimate fix. Smile  

The fix addition only has a "Delta"-folder. And you copy + paste that Delta folder (again, 70MB filesize) into your game install folder of The Sims 4. Overwriting the old files when prompted. I did not include an install guide in that small addition because it should be straightforward indeed. And if not, we'll link to this post, or explain again.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellakay08 on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:48

Alright I will try that. Thank you so much!

bellakay08
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 05:52

@bellakay08 wrote:Alright I will try that. Thank you so much!

I managed to fix my cash register issue that way. I'm guessing the rest of the "Get to Work"-interactions should now (hopefully !) work too. Good luck again, and feel free to post back about how it went !

The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sortofnormal on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:10

Hello, I have been experiencing both the career issues and vacation issues discussed in this post. I downloaded the fix addition linked above, and added it by copying the Delta folder to Program Files (x86) > The Sims 4. I selected the option to replace all existing files. However my game is still not working. Have I copied this to the correct place and is there anything else I could be missing that might be causing the addition to not work?  WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks.

sortofnormal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:43

@sortofnormal wrote:Hello, I have been experiencing both the career issues and vacation issues discussed in this post. I downloaded the fix addition linked above, and added it by copying the Delta folder to Program Files (x86) > The Sims 4. I selected the option to replace all existing files. However my game is still not working. Have I copied this to the correct place and is there anything else I could be missing that might be causing the addition to not work?  WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks.

The order of install is:

1) Install Base game of TS4
2) Then install "Get to Work"
3) Install the main Ultimate fix
4) finally install the fix addition

Did you do all of that (correctly) ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sortofnormal on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 13:55

Carlos wrote:

1) Install Base game of TS4
2) Then install "Get to Work"
3) Install the main Ultimate fix
4) finally install the fix addition

Did you do all of that (correctly) ?

Hi Carlos, I had already done steps 1-3 previously and been playing the game. Today I just downloaded and added the fix addition, I didn't repeat any of the previous steps. Should I be reinstalling everything? Thanks.

sortofnormal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 26 Oct 2015, 14:02

@sortofnormal wrote:
Hi Carlos, I had already done steps 1-3 previously and been playing the game. Today I just downloaded and added the fix addition, I didn't repeat any of the previous steps. Should I be reinstalling everything? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about that... WhatDidUJustCallMe?  yesterday I myself started fresh with steps 1-3 to see what everything was about. After step #3, I found I still had issues with the cash register only (Granite Falls was accessible though). And after doing step #4, the register worked too.

I can't say more about this, and I'll need to wait until more people post about it. Yes, try re-installing the stuff if you like, for the moment. Other than that, feel free to bookmark this thread and keep checking back here, if there are any new posts.

//EDIT

When re-installing ALWAYS make sure to overwrite any old files, when prompted.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ruskiix on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 22:11

Just wanted to add that I think this same problem breaks the photography studio object, in case anyone else only notices that and is searching for a fix.

I tried searching for that issue and didn't find anything, but saw this thread and realized I had all of the same problems with careers and career objects, and it all started at the same time. Trying to get my sim to create serums, the task never queues. The photography studio object does the same thing, although occasionally it would queue the task and every sim on the lot would freeze until I reset the ones trying to use it. Regular cameras work fine, just not the studio piece.

ruskiix
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 05:51

@ruskiix wrote:Just wanted to add that I think this same problem breaks the photography studio object, in case anyone else only notices that and is searching for a fix.

I tried searching for that issue and didn't find anything, but saw this thread and realized I had all of the same problems with careers and career objects, and it all started at the same time. Trying to get my sim to create serums, the task never queues. The photography studio object does the same thing, although occasionally it would queue the task and every sim on the lot would freeze until I reset the ones trying to use it. Regular cameras work fine, just not the studio piece.

Welcome to the forum,

You downloaded an earlier Ultimate fix version. Please download the fix addition here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-get-to-work-and-the-ultimate-fix

And apply it to your game install folder. Replace existing files & folders when prompted. This goes for anyone who has downloaded an earlier version of the Ultimate fix, and has any issues with "Get to Work"-related careers. Smile

Although the OP hasn't posted back yet about this, it's been confirmed already that the fix addition solves the issue. Also, the latest Ultimate fix from the main page has also been updated, and includes the addition that I mentioned.

@x_xMichelle, feel free to e-mail me (click on the e-mail link in my profile) should you want to have this topic re-opened, but the issue should be clear anyway. Otherwise, feel free to open a new topic, if any other issues arise.

Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy   alien
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum