There was an error during startup. Need help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during startup. Need help.

Post by Boney001 on Mon 28 Sep 2015, 05:29

So I downloaded a cracked version of this game the first time, then found out it was modified so I couldnt update it. I came across this site luckily and found a download to an unmodified version. I deleted the first version i got by deleting the program files location and the documents location. Later i reinstalled the newer one from here and got the message There was an error during the setup. I found out that i didnt clear the registry keys, so i uninstalled and deleted the registry keys using the guide from the official EA games website. I restarted my computer to ensure a clean refresh of the registry keys, then reinstalled. Before i even touched the game, I downloaded the manual patch and ran it successfully. I then copied the cracked exe to replace the original. I ran it and i STILL GET THE ERROR. I have looked all over and i still cant find a thorough guide that takes me step by step on how to uninstall sims 3 OR get rid of the pesky error. Any help would be much obliged. Thanks!

EDIT:

I have read ALL of the guides here on this website multiple times, especially the one about how to properly install Sims 3.

Boney001
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There was an error during startup. Need help.

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 23:13

Hi! Sorry for the late reply.

Please take a look at the video below, it shows a good way to install everything "up to date" (as far we can with a "free copy" of the game, of course Wink ).

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: