Problem with fix & gtw

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with fix & gtw

Post by MsAubree on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:00

Hello   WhatDidUJustCallMe?

So, I re-installed Sims 4 today & followed all the instructions. Even watched The Sim Architect's youtube video just to be sure again. 
My problem is that when I try to add Get To Work into my game nothing happens. I copy the files into Program Files 86 > Sims 4.
However, when I open the game its like  Wat. womp. Not there. It's as if I did nothing. 
So I tried to copy the files into the folder again, redo the process. This time after I paste the GTW files I paste the Ultimate Fix files. 
Still nothing...
I've fixed it before just by doing random stuff out of desperation but I forgot what I did like an idiot. 

What am I doing wrong? Help Sad

Last edited by MsAubree on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to fix my emoji :P)
MsAubree
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1,2,3
Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

False alarm

Post by MsAubree on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 13:13

Nevermind! Oh my... After 30 minutes of messing around with files I finally got it to install into my game.  Hail King Tea!  Hail King Tea!
Sorry about that. I honestly tried everything before I posted with my problem.
MsAubree
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with fix & gtw

Post by SeoY on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 13:15

@MsAubree wrote:Nevermind! Oh my... After 30 minutes of messing around with files I finally got it to install into my game.  Hail King Tea!  Hail King Tea!
Sorry about that. I honestly tried everything before I posted with my problem.

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Would you mind sharing what you did to solve your problem? It may help someone in the future with the same issues.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by opiat3ss on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 16:15

i have something similar. i constantly have to uninstall and reinstall the game for personal reasons aha. anway i install the game with the fix and launch it to make sure its working and then i exit out the game and attempt to put get to work into the game but when i launch the game it takes away the updates from the ultimate fix and does not install it into my game

opiat3ss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAubree on Tue 06 Oct 2015, 09:08

Well what I did was because in my program files 86 I have an Electronic Arts folder & a Sims 4 folder, I mistakenly pasted the files into the Sims 4 folder that's within the Electronic Arts folder instead. So I started completely over & pasted them into my Program files (x86) Sims 4 folder as the Sims Architect's video advises. Sometimes I get so comfortable and used to doing the process I accidentally mistake a step. I don't know if this will work for you, but I hope it does! Smile
MsAubree
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile