Recommend me some Sims 3 mods.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recommend me some Sims 3 mods.

Post by ruisuki on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 13:31

Im interested in learning how to do this...and adding some great content to my game. So recommend me some of the best. Right now I am not liking toddlers and am hoping for a time out mod to apply to their age group. Their cries are exaggerated and sometimes altogether unwarranted, if theres anything for that general vicinity link away!

ruisuki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recommend me some Sims 3 mods.

Post by ruisuki on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 22:24

Im gonna check out some of Nraas mods. Story progression seems to be well recommended, as do performance ones like overwatch. im interested in custom careers, and adding boxing from modthesims. Boxing is life, after all

ruisuki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvantos on Tue 10 Nov 2015, 02:37

just remember the more mod  package files you add, the more unstable the game will be! You will find the game will become super laggy and could crash with you stuck in the game, this is a very common problem, probably due to the 2GB memory max limit

sylvantos
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 02:19

@sylvantos wrote:(...) This is a very common problem, probably due to the 2GB memory max limit

...which can be mitigated to some degree by increasing the available memory usage, for example by means of the 4GB patch. If your computer fulfills the necessary requirements (at least 4GB of installed RAM, memory remapping supported or activated in the BIOS, a 64-bit operating system and a 64-bit CPU), that is.

In addition, you can merge multiple .package files into one, or at least into fewer files. That is especially useful if you have lots of items such as clothing, hairstyles, makeup, etc. in .package file format. But you shouldn't do that with mods that alter in-game mechanics.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 04:14

Hi! I like to play with The Sims 3 - Complete Collection with "Full Store", also the rabbit hole rugs and the ramps (it's a type of stairs that you can use to build ramps between floors for your handicapped sims or for cars).

There is also a great mod that adds a gardener to the game, which I really loved, since I liked to create large fruit/vegetables gardens and it's too time consuming to care and harvest, so they come, care, harvest and put all your vegetables in your fridge Smile

I wish there was a mod that would allow us to hire more maids, maybe a 24 H maid service, since the butler is VERY lousy and large houses will not be properly taken care of by just one maid and one butler. They end up always leaving stuff unattended that you have to clean up yourself.

Yes, the NRaas is great too, I didn't have the chance to play much with it, though, but there are some handy tools, to clean up the neighborhood / reset your sims that are "lost in routing" and making your game slower etc...

You can find some links in my video's description below, at YouTube Wink

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: