Questions on Lots...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions on Lots...

Post by ruisuki on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 14:19

OK guys i have a few questions so please bare with me. I have university life installed and im currently playing in Sunset Valley, not the actual uni. So when I click edit town and click on an empty lot i see you can switch between residential or community lot. When you click on residential lot you can then pick either regular lot or apartment lot.

1. My first question is whats the difference between picking either? Ive asked NPCs to be roommates in both and have gotten issues with both. Notably when I evict my sims to switch the lot into an apartment residency it disables the roommate tab in my phone that allows me to turn off roommate service, set max....

2. I made an upstairs room where I was planning to add 3 roommates however those NPCS then continue to enter the downstairs home and use my stuff at will, change the channel when im watching tv, try to enter my locked bedrooms, eat my food despite the fact that i placed the necessary utilities in their own pad....fridge, bed, bathroom etc. They keep using my place.

Heres My apartment guys, this is the downstairs

and heres the upstairs.
I was hoping to keep three of them upstairs not lounging around my main place. Itd be fine if they visited me and asked to come inside but they dont have any common courtesy they just barge in to their landlords place whenever they feel like it! What am I doing wrong? What do I need to change to get them out into their own part of the lot?

3. Is there any particular reason why an npc will not have the option to 'ask to be roommate?' It worked for two of the three I wanted but not the third, I dont see it. I have checked to see they are single, young adult, and are at best friend status with the sim asking. The sim asking is also not a teenager, child etc if that counts. I have noticed the move in option has also disappeared, Is it a bug like the one I mentioned in my first question? Id hate to think this is by actual design....

ruisuki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions on Lots...

Post by darkgoddessnight on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:35

Apartments and residential lots are very different. I believe apartments came out with Late Night and dorms came out with University. Setting a lot to an apartment allows you to build a multi unit style home (as in an actual apartment building). You can then specify public areas, private areas for other residence (which you will not be able to see as they are blacked out) and your actual apartment. This will require you to use the buydebug cheat as you will need to apply the appropriate markers to designate he different areas. People will move in to the other apartments you designate without the need to ask for a roommate. There are some pretty good guides on how to do this, though I can't remember any off the top of my head.

As far as roommates go, I believe they are supposed to share your space (and sleep in a spare bedroom). You can also set door status if you want to keep them out of certain areas. Just click on the door and then the appropriate option (you only, household members only, etc.).

I'm not sure about a roommate bug or not, but it wouldn't surprise me, heh.

Hope this helps!

DGN

darkgoddessnight
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Witcher 1, 2, & 3, The Sims 3, Skyrim, Baldur's Gate, Torment, Dragon Age, Munchkin
Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions on Lots...

Post by ruisuki on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 01:19

The thing is the only option that locks the front door from them(specify sims) also locks it out for everyone else that might visit, even if i invite them inside. So that pretty much means no parties unless you want to disallow and specify each and every time

ruisuki
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum