Trojan on Sims 4??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trojan on Sims 4??

Post by tsukkiii on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 04:08

I have downloaded many Sims 3 expansion packs from here, so I figured getting the Sims 4 from here was a good idea. After installing it through the odd wizard it came with, Norton came up with 2 notifications saying it had 2 trojan gens. That sorta freaked me out because I trusted this site!! 

I am now running 2 scans to make sure nothing got past Norton, but I am very ashamed in the uploaders of that torrent. Like seriously?? 2 trojans??? I'm still gonna play the game because im p sure Norton removed the trojans, but still. bad move bro.  Why. Why. Why.
tsukkiii
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3, sims 4, osu, dramatical murder, love live
Female Posts : 10

View user profile http://haiibaa.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trojan on Sims 4??

Post by SeoY on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:18

Hi there, @tsukkiii.

You won't be able to play the game at all, because what Norton did was remove the crack after detecting it as a false-positive. I already explained here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21311-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-major-issue-possible-virus-in-current-version#144080

Our downloads always have been safe, and we make our best to make sure that they continue to be so. There's no 'trojans' in any of the files for The Sims 4, just a generic virus detection because of the behavior of the dynamic library included.

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1722

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:32

@tsukkiii wrote:Bad move bro.  Why. Why. Why.

Welcome to the forum,

What SeoY said before basically. I myself also wrote a comment about this on the G4TW Facebook page, back then, and which pretty much sums up everything there is to say on this matter (although from a technical point of view, this post is very simplified, the basic message is still true):

https://www.facebook.com/110924105707074/photos/a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074/634325583366921/?type=1

And from a purely pragmatic (!) viewpoint, consider the following: you could also try Sims 4 releases from other uploaders than Games4theworld if you don't trust us here, but I doubt that you will get a different result in your Norton. Everybody uses the same Sims 4 release that was cracked from RELOADED, nowadays.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tsukkiii on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 05:53

ok, so since it deleted it, how could i reinstall it where it doesnt delete those files...? bcuz honestly i really wanna play ahhh
tsukkiii
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by tsukkiii on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 06:09

wait,,, nevermind,, i think i got this figured out.
tsukkiii
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top