Game Freezes no matter what

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Freezes no matter what

Post by rokeras on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 13:37

So yeah, my game freezes no matter what i do, i read all the articles that are about this issue, tried various things, but nothing helped, so if someone can give me a hand, would be grateful
Things i've tested: Clearing the cache files from My Documents\Sims 3 folders, turning v-sync on, playing on minimum settings, playing in windowed mode, resetsim, registering the .exe files, trying a new save, getting the 4gb patch.
Things i have installed: All the expansions & Stuff, all the store items that are available on the website, no mods, no cc.
My PC: Nvidia GTS 450 1GB, 8GB Ram, Pentium Core duo E5700 3.00Ghz, Win 8 64-bit
Answered questions (saw the admins question on previous topics, so i will put this in, so they dont ask the same thing over and over again). Yes, everything installed is from this website, i have the fixes, my game is patched on 1.67, again, no mods, no cc,again, i have all the stuff pakcs, the expansions all the store items all are correctly installed, again i've read all the topics and articles that could help me, no my house is not in bridgeport, it's on isle paradise, i start the game without the launcher now, since it takes too long for it to load, but i tried it with it and still the same problem,tried Overwatch but it just slows the process, i did ''tweak'' the .ini file so i could get more ram, but that doesnt seem to help either,and yes i installed the game using the guide, used the ultimate fix guide, have my store update/fix, and read the  The Sims 3 crashes / freezes to Desktop fix. So yeah, if anyone can help, im open to suggestions Smile

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezes no matter what

Post by chaching on Sat 17 Oct 2015, 15:57

We are running on the same problem!! But I fixed the freezing issue by deleting my Isla Paradiso save. I figured Island Paradise is causing lag and freeze on the game. So the best thing that you can do is not play on Isla Paradiso.

It's so disappointing, I know... but IP is really causing the game to freeze and it might break if you insist on playing there.

chaching
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokeras on Sat 17 Oct 2015, 21:13

Oh man, if that is true, my 8hrs of making just my house Sad But i guess ill wait a bit more to see some more opinions, will leave that option as last resort

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokeras on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:48

Would love it if the admins pay some attention to this post ...

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:16

Hi there! Are you experiencing problems with that save or with every city/island as well? If you can play on the other island, why not play there until you are able to resolve this current issue. If not then, have you tried updating your graphics driver?

Since you're also a NVIDIA user, do you have the GeForce Driver installed? And do you have any space left on your drives? (the one you installed the game at)

Ageha
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV
Female Posts : 132

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:55

@Ageha wrote:Hi there! Are you experiencing problems with that save or with every city/island as well? If you can play on the other island, why not play there until you are able to resolve this current issue. If not then, have you tried updating your graphics driver?

Since you're also a NVIDIA user, do you have the GeForce Driver installed? And do you have any space left on your drives? (the one you installed the game at)
What he said. Thanks!

Also, if you created your house in the island, you can do that thing we do to "upload/share" a house, so a copy of it is saved to the library (I guess you go into Edit Town mode for that), then you can load your house into another neighborhood.

I honestly only played for about five minutes with the island, since I only play/work with my own world for the past three years, when I started building it (I promise I will release it until Christmas, even if incomplete, it's probably going to be VERY incomplete but anybody can have fun filling a HUGE demi-empty world).

The Complete Collection from G4TW ran VERY smoothly everytime I tried it, on every machine (with all expansions installed and updates), but you always need to remember to have your video card drivers up to date, I don't know why, I guess Microsoft changes things in Windows, then NVidia has to fix some things in the background to make their video "compatible" again, but I don't see much talk on the subject around...

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokeras on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 20:20

Yes, i have the GeForce exp. installed, i keep my video drivers up to date always, and i was actually wondering if i can copy my house to another town, but then again, i tried playing in the Dragon Valley (Village ... idk Very Happy) and it was the same once again, thats why i turned to the forums for help, cuz i've tried basically everything Very Happy And yes i have over 500gb's on my D drive (where i installed the game).

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 20:57

@rokeras wrote:Yes, i have the GeForce exp. installed, i keep my video drivers up to date always, and i was actually wondering if i can copy my house to another town, but then again, i tried playing in the Dragon Valley (Village ... idk Very Happy) and it was the same once again, thats why i turned to the forums for help, cuz i've tried basically everything Very Happy And yes i have over 500gb's on my D drive (where i installed the game).
Oh... Did you just mention "D" (not C) Drive?

It may be a reason for issues with the game (not that it IS, it is just something that sounds different from the "ordinary" installation).

I don't know if it is a good advice, since it is a HUGE work, but maybe uninstalling and using the default directory (and drive, which would be "C" usually) may make a little difference...

Of course, you probably used your D drive because you needed space or for any other reason like performance. Then, maybe you can also "try" to uninstall the game, create a symbolic link for a new "Electronic Arts" or "The Sims 3" folder and use it (there is a little, really little chance it will help you, but that's all I can think of now, sorry)...

Please keep us posted on your discoveries!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokeras on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 22:02

I use C for a couple of reasons. One even though i have 1TB hdd, i leave only 70GB on my C since i use it only for programs, and nothing else, so i can have more free space on it, just in case, Two is, i dont install anything on the C that is not programs, since i take good care of my pc, and i reinstall my OS, every 1-2 months, so having to install all the games i play over and over again, not going to happen, + now that i have all the store items installed (literally all of em) im left with only 4GB's of free space on my C, so its not possible to install the game there at this point ( or i would have to wipe my entire HDD just to add some extra GB's on the C for just one game, which is not happening) and i dont want to reinstall the game itself, since it took me hours (literally) to install all the store items.

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rokeras on Wed 21 Oct 2015, 00:02

UPDATE: So, big Thank You Sim Architect, tried your previous suggestion to copy my household+house and move it in another town, and it's what i did, and it worked, sunset valley is the place to be, and you my friend are the man to thank Smile. Again Huge Thank you, played for about hour and a half, without any problems whatsoever, if any problems pop, ill make another thread, if its not related to this problem, until then, have a nice day/night and happy Simming.

rokeras
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum