Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:53

I've had Sims 3 for ages now, and it updates automatically via origin so the patch version 1.67.2.024002 has been installed since it was released. I recently downloaded some expansion packs and then pasted the #crack files into the base game bin. This stopped the no disc error but now when I load up the game it goes to a black screen for a little while (about 20 seconds?) then the game comes on. When I load a game, the loading screen doesn't freeze but the meter stops filling at the very end so the game won't load. I didn't manually download the patch because I already had it installed but am wondering if I should re-update manually and maybe that will solve this problem? I haven't found a similar issue on any other forum and I really don't know what to do Sad

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:19

Hello ! Just checking if you read the thread here below. And did you download the Ultimate Fix or did you apply one that came with the torrent download? 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:28

@Ageha wrote:Hello ! Just checking if you read the thread here below. And did you download the Ultimate Fix or did you apply one that came with the torrent download? 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I did all those steps except for re-updating my game as I thought I didn't need to because it was already up to date. But I have downloaded the manual update program so if I were to re-update it, even though my game is up to date, then paste the crack files back into the base game bin, would that do the same thing as if I had done that step?

I downloaded the ultimate fix after I installed all the EPs I wanted.

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:30

It should work as long as you paste the crack correctly. it's best to follow the guide from the ultimate fix rather than the above thread since it didn't mention pasting the crack to the other EPs as well.

If it still doesn't work, how about uninstalling the legit base game and use the games4world ver. as well? I recommend downloading the complete collection as the installation is easier. I think separate EPs torrent have .iso type so it might be troublesome.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:35

@Ageha wrote:It should work as long as you paste the crack correctly. it's best to follow the guide from the ultimate fix rather than the above thread since it didn't mention pasting the crack to the other EPs as well.

If it still doesn't work, how about uninstalling the legit base game and use the games4world ver. as well? I recommend downloading the complete collection as the installation is easier. I think separate EPs torrent have .iso type so it might be troublesome.
Is there any place where I can download the ultimate fix installation guide? When I downloaded and extracted it I didn't find an installation guide so I watched a pretty unclear video online of how to set it up. Seeing as no one else has had this problem I do think I might have set up the crack wrong.

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:38

the ultimate fix contains the .pdf file inside. perhaps you had an older ver. of the fix? 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:44

@Ageha wrote:the ultimate fix contains the .pdf file inside. perhaps you had an older ver. of the fix? 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Thanks Smile i must have had an older version as I just reinstalled and extracted it and found the pdf file. I'll redo the crack and see if it works

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:19

I followed all the instructions and I even re-updated my game but the error is still the same. The loading bar just won't load fully once I've selected a town. I've never had this problem before so I know somethings gone wrong in installing these expansion packs but I can't see what it could be

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:59

Maybe you could try installing the base game as well? Which means all your games are downloaded from this site. I am unsure if the legit base game works with crack EPs. Or have you tried running in windowed mode to see if it's playable. My fullscreen is giving me errors sometimes when i play them. 

PS: Try to wait for the loading to finish. Mine can take around 10-20 minutes for the game to load. Also, if you have any mods try to remove them (transfer the folder to another place, desktop or something) and see if the loading problem is solve.
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 15:05

@Ageha wrote:Maybe you could try installing the base game as well? Which means all your games are downloaded from this site. I am unsure if the legit base game works with crack EPs. Or have you tried running in windowed mode to see if it's playable. My fullscreen is giving me errors sometimes when i play them. 

PS: Try to wait for the loading to finish. Mine can take around 10-20 minutes for the game to load. Also, if you have any mods try to remove them (transfer the folder to another place, desktop or something) and see if the loading problem is solve.
I would do that but I've had the game for ages and have loads of save games and custom content that I don't want to lose. I've just got back from being out for a couple hours and left the game loading and came back and it was still at the same point. I've just tried removing my mods but it didn't make a difference. I did install my games in the wrong order - I downloaded all games in the right order from university life to world adventures as I know you have to install ones that came out before your previous download, but I did install island paradise after all the others - if I uninstall all and reinstall in the right order is it possible that it will work, or is that just to stop the no disc error message (which I don't have)?

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 19:46

You can back up your saves and cc. Though some of the cc might not display properly once you uninstall. And i must admit it's a hassle to install all CCs back.

I don't think re-installing the games in order has any effect on the loading bar. Also since you actually don't have any errors, it just means that the game was indeed installed properly. Did you try removing featured items folder as well? And other .cache files under the Documents folder. 

PS: what about mods? Do you have any of them? If you do just move the mods folder out somewhere, it won't affect the cc you have installed though. Usually it's cause by incompatible mods. If you have any try it out and see if it works.
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 23:50

@Ageha wrote:You can back up your saves and cc. Though some of the cc might not display properly once you uninstall. And i must admit it's a hassle to install all CCs back.

I don't think re-installing the games in order has any effect on the loading bar. Also since you actually don't have any errors, it just means that the game was indeed installed properly. Did you try removing featured items folder as well? And other .cache files under the Documents folder. 

PS: what about mods? Do you have any of them? If you do just move the mods folder out somewhere, it won't affect the cc you have installed though. Usually it's cause by incompatible mods. If you have any try it out and see if it works.
So I actually uninstalled and reinstalled all the EPs AND my base game and followed the installation instructions properly. The black screen still displayed for about 30-40 seconds so I thought the problem hadn't been solved but I just left my game loading the base game and it got stuck at that point. I could see my laptop stuck here for about 45 minutes to an hour, then I left for about 3 or 4 hours and it had finally loaded! Is there anyway I can speed this up, or am I forever going to have to load the game for ages before I can play it? 
Before i uninstalled and reinstalled all my games I did leave the loading screen on for longer so I'm pretty sure it literally would not load a game at all before so maybe it was the mods, although I never had any issue with the mods before I installed the EPs.
Thanks for helping me this far though Smile I'm just glad i can actually load a game now even if it does take ages

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 14:50

Sometimes certain mods will cause the loading screen to 'freeze' or stop loading. Mods which work before might not necessarily work now or with certain EPs, that's just one of the things to keep in mind though. I also read somewhere that the Pets EPs sometimes cause the loading problem as well. 

Also if you can, try to start your sims in windowed mode. I'm not sure helps but that way there's no need to actually switch tabs while waiting for it to load. 

But I'm glad you are able to play the game now! Sorry for not helping much. Happy Simming ~!!  Carlos is tha man!!!

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by mollygracef on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 17:36

@Ageha wrote:Sometimes certain mods will cause the loading screen to 'freeze' or stop loading. Mods which work before might not necessarily work now or with certain EPs, that's just one of the things to keep in mind though. I also read somewhere that the Pets EPs sometimes cause the loading problem as well. 

Also if you can, try to start your sims in windowed mode. I'm not sure helps but that way there's no need to actually switch tabs while waiting for it to load. 

But I'm glad you are able to play the game now! Sorry for not helping much. Happy Simming ~!!  Carlos is tha man!!!
hi Smile i just went on the game again and the loading bar only took like 5-10 minutes! I think maybe I just had to get past that first load or something but now the game's working fine even with my mods back on.
Thank you for trying to help me!!

mollygracef
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 8
Points : 687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-18
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crack not working? Game won't load after crack

Post by Ageha on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 17:41

Glad to hear it! Have fun!  Good job!

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1230
Points : 2192
Reputation : 182
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum