"Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Breenana1227 on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 20:16

Hi, I've posted in other threads that I'm having the same problem but not a single soul has gotten back to me. 
I've followed all of the directions in the Ultimate Fix video. I have disabled all anti virus. Origin is never running. My Sims 4 is under the ProgramFiles(x86) directory. Sometimes the game will launch and I will have Newcrest, pools, locked doors etc. I have the OriginRld.dll file. I've uninstalled and reinstalled over 6 times. I'm ready to pull my hair out. I've changed my compatibility mode from XP to 7 (I am running Windows 7
Yes, I installed in this order: Base game -> GTW -> Ultimate Fix 


If my antivirus was active when I downloaded the torrent, could that be the problem? But if that was the case, why does the game run at all?

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Ageha on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 22:47

Hello! Unfortunately I'm not a moderator. Sidetrack, perhaps since this problem is too common, most have given up. Moderators will usually tell you all those things which you have done so there might be not much to help.

Double-checking: Disabling anti-virus means the window defender too, right? I swear sometimes these things can be an annoyance to someone installing crack games. It might be a good idea to exclude/turn them off during the entire download and installation process. But you mention it worked before?

-> So did it work when you install the Ultimate Fix or before that? I'm sure you did this but try moving the Sims 4 folder (Documents) to sonewhere else before starting the game. And this is going to be bad but if it persists, uninstall everything (even the registry) and re-install base game -> GTW+fix ONLY. If I'm not wrong, there should be a gtw fix in the gtw torrent itself. If it works and loads, re-apply the fix and check. If the origin appeared, then there might be a problem with the fix/installation of it.

PS: There is a new fix, mediafire download, which solves the issue of Granite falls. I've mentioned this to others but i'm not sure whether GTW is included there as well. It's 2GB so it might take sometime to download. You could try that fix (do not delete the current one) if it still doesn't work.

//If you are able to play the base + GTW , perhaps you could wait till they updated their fix? Also, check to see if Sim Architect's video had a Spa Day Cool Kitchen download only. I read that there are people who applied that and it works.

Again, sorry for replying and forgive any typos I made.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3181
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 07:12

Yes, if you had your anti virus running when you downloaded the torrent, it may have deleted your crack even before you tried using it, so you need to download it again.

If you go to my video, you will find a torrent with just the crack on it, so you don't have to download the entire fix all over again (of course, you can always download the torrents I have put available in my video's description, as even being not the official G4TW release, they are practically the same, with the difference that my spa day comes with Get to Work and all previous stuff and is larger in size because of that).

Please, double check your system, BEFORE downloading anything again, if you don't really have ANY anti virus running (Windows Defender, Microsoft Security Essentials, Norton, Avast etc), since sometimes you get an anti virus bundled with your computer from factory, or you get one even without asking when you install something as simple as the Flash Player (yes, it is annoying, but they love to insert those anti virus programs in any way they can, sometimes I guess if we shouldn't qualify those "anti viruses" as viruses themselves...).

Besides, did you try Ageha's tips (thanks for the help, @Ageha, very appreciated)? Please keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5



How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4378
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Breenana1227 on Wed 21 Oct 2015, 02:51

@Ageha wrote:Hello! Unfortunately I'm not a moderator. Sidetrack, perhaps since this problem is too common, most have given up. Moderators will usually tell you all those things which you have done so there might be not much to help.

Double-checking: Disabling anti-virus means the window defender too, right? I swear sometimes these things can be an annoyance to someone installing crack games. It might be a good idea to exclude/turn them off during the entire download and installation process. But you mention it worked before?

-> So did it work when you install the Ultimate Fix or before that? I'm sure you did this but try moving the Sims 4 folder (Documents) to sonewhere else before starting the game. And this is going to be bad but if it persists, uninstall everything (even the registry) and re-install base game -> GTW+fix ONLY. If I'm not wrong, there should be a gtw fix in the gtw torrent itself. If it works and loads, re-apply the fix and check. If the origin appeared, then there might be a problem with the fix/installation of it.

PS: There is a new fix, mediafire download, which solves the issue of Granite falls. I've mentioned this to others but i'm not sure whether GTW is included there as well. It's 2GB so it might take sometime to download. You could try that fix (do not delete the current one) if it still doesn't work.

//If you are able to play the base + GTW , perhaps you could wait till they updated their fix? Also, check to see if Sim Architect's video had a Spa Day Cool Kitchen download only. I read that there are people who applied that and it works.

Again, sorry for replying and forgive any typos I made.


By uninstalling the registry you mean what? Everything else you mentioned I've done, so I'd like to try that. I'll have to wait to download that 2G file because I've juiced my hotspot downloading everything else. Sad

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Breenana1227 on Wed 21 Oct 2015, 03:20

Still no luck.

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Ageha on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 14:30

@Breenana1227 

Hey sorry for the late reply. What I mean was deleting the Sims4 from registry manually. If you managed to get base game + GTW to work, then there might be a problem applying the fix.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962
Points : 3181
Reputation : 295
Join date : 2015-09-09
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Breenana1227 on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:25

Can I get some teamviewer assistance, please?

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:53

@Breenana1227 wrote:I have disabled all anti virus.

@Breenana1227 wrote:Can I get some teamviewer assistance, please?


Hello,

If you haven't done so yet, delete all of the old TS4 shortcuts that you may still have on your desktop (they may still point to the old install location in Program files\Electronic Arts). Create a new shortcut from the location where you put the TS4 folder in: Program files(x86), then try the game again.

Also note that simply disabling anti-virus programs doesn't always help. You'll need to learn how exactly your anti-virus behaves; feel free to do more research on that.

Before you ask, sorry no, I myself don't have enough time these days for TeamViewer support. Maybe the other mods have, but in case not, please respect that. Smile  From my experience, TeamViewer sessions are extremely time- and work-consuming, and you need to keep in mind that the team members are all volunteers who spend their free time on it.

In fact (I have to admit), the main reason I even replied to this post here is to avoid any possible misunderstanding on the "nature" of the support that team members can (or want to) give. It's basically the team member's decision how much they want to support people, and - as sad as it may look from the perspective of those seeking help - I understand that TeamViewer support tends to be highly unpopular among most Helpers & Mods.

Getting back to your issue, there really isn't much more we can tell besides what is shown in Sim Architect's video guide, or my post here. Even if someone helped you via TeamViewer, there probably wouldn't be much we could do. If you are really sure that you configured your anti-virus correctly & did all things posted in my guide & in Sim Architect's video, then you might want to consider a fresh Windows re-install. That's very radical, but in many cases the only chance.

In any case, good luck ! Smile




@Ageha wrote:Hello! Unfortunately I'm not a moderator.

Hello @Ageha !


You don't have to be a moderator to be able to help people out. I really appreciate your support so far, and I'm sure so do the other team members and many other regular users. I personally hope that you (can) keep up the good work. Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19694
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 21:54

Hi!

Thanks for your post, @Carlos!

@Breenana1227, please, don't spam the Forum by posting a request for help through TeamViewer all over it!

We don't provide TeamViewer support, and we are a team of volunteers who dedicate some of our time to help a community of users, meaning we aren't supposed to function as a paid IT support that gives assistance individually to each user that faces a problem.

If you'd like that, you can buy the game from Electronic Arts and ask for their support, but I am pretty sure they won't give you that kind of assistance either, so I would advise you to ask for a friend "in real life" to assist you in person if you need a closer approach, or you will have to be a bit more patient and post your advances/doubts in this topic you already opened, and follow the advice people are already sharing with you, since we don't have the resources for that, sorry.

Warning: TEA Warning: TEA
I will also remember that it's against our policy for any member of the Forum to request or share personal info, and that includes your TeamViewer account information (user/computer number/password even if temporary), since it means a serious security breach and we can't allow it and we recommend you to never give that kind of access to someone you just met on line, since you may be exposing yourself to serious danger!
Warning: TEA Warning: TEA

Please, be welcome to keep us posted on your advances below, so we can assist you further on installing/running the game.

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

Thanks for understanding! This is for your own safety.


_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4378
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post.

Post by Breenana1227 on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 01:53

@Sim Architect wrote:One idea... Are you using WinRar?

Tea 5 Tea 5


Woah woah woah,

I use WinRar and my things aren't working.

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Breenana1227 on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 02:06

@Sim Architect wrote:Hi!

Thanks for your post, @Carlos!

@Breenana1227, please, don't spam the Forum by posting a request for help through TeamViewer all over it!

We don't provide TeamViewer support, and we are a team of volunteers who dedicate some of our time to help a community of users, meaning we aren't supposed to function as a paid IT support that gives assistance individually to each user that faces a problem.

If you'd like that, you can buy the game from Electronic Arts and ask for their support, but I am pretty sure they won't give you that kind of assistance either, so I would advise you to ask for a friend "in real life" to assist you in person if you need a closer approach, or you will have to be a bit more patient and post your advances/doubts in this topic you already opened, and follow the advice people are already sharing with you, since we don't have the resources for that, sorry.

Warning: TEA Warning: TEA
I will also remember that it's against our policy for any member of the Forum to request or share personal info, and that includes your TeamViewer account information (user/computer number/password even if temporary), since it means a serious security breach and we can't allow it and we recommend you to never give that kind of access to someone you just met on line, since you may be exposing yourself to serious danger!
Warning: TEA Warning: TEA

Please, be welcome to keep us posted on your advances below, so we can assist you further on installing/running the game.

Tea 5  Tea 5  Tea 5  Tea 5

Thanks for understanding! This is for your own safety.




First of all I wasn't spamming. I commented on a topic that was LOCKED before I got a reply and came back to my OWN thread. That's 2 posts. You're being dramatic. 

Basically there's another issue MULTIPLE people are having that is beyond your scope of knowledge. I apologize for asking for TeamViewer support I didn't realize that was something you no longer offer. Because I received TeamViewer assistance a few years ago on this very site by a mod, it was how I discovered the program even existed.  Time's have changed. I really only wanted GTW as I already own a legitimate copy of The Sims 4 but if I and others will be waiting an entire month for a solution I might take your advice and go buy it. I didn't think things were going to be complicated even after following a step by step video and instructional guide.

Breenana1227
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 811
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 08:39

@Breenana1227 wrote:
@Sim Architect wrote:One idea... Are you using WinRar?

Tea 5 Tea 5


Woah woah woah,

I use WinRar and my things aren't working.

@Breenana1227 wrote:
@Sim Architect wrote:(...)


First of all I wasn't spamming. I commented on a topic that was LOCKED before I got a reply and came back to my OWN thread. That's 2 posts. You're being dramatic. 

Basically there's another issue MULTIPLE people are having that is beyond your scope of knowledge. I apologize for asking for TeamViewer support I didn't realize that was something you no longer offer. Because I received TeamViewer assistance a few years ago on this very site by a mod, it was how I discovered the program even existed.  Time's have changed. I really only wanted GTW as I already own a legitimate copy of The Sims 4 but if I and others will be waiting an entire month for a solution I might take your advice and go buy it. I didn't think things were going to be complicated even after following a step by step video and instructional guide.


//UN-BASKETED


So.

The first thing to note is that from a technical side, TS4 and their cracks work entirely different from earlier games in the franchise. The TS4 cracks are very hard to handle indeed (believe it or not, EA's programmers have made sure that the game is nearly impossible to crack). But you can still get the game running. I myself can run the game perfectly fine, and so can most other people coming here. So the thing with "beyond our scope of knowledge" isn't quite correct. At least not in all cases. You are right though in implying (?) that there is still a lot we need to learn about the game, so please be mindful that the guides posted here are only momentary texts, that can change anytime, but were correct at the time they were written (please see the original date of when videos/tutorials were posted here).

The next thing is that while it is certainly frustrating to not receive a reply here, please keep in mind that - as I hinted before - team members are all volunteers. And it is very hard to find new team members, especially in the current era of Sims 4. Most people register on the forum because they want to post one or two questions. You could show some appreciation for the efforts that are (still) done here. Or at least try.

And Sim Architect's intention was not in any way malicious. And - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - neither was yours. You may wait here if someone else has a better idea, but in case not, try googling or looking somewhere else. Maybe there are indeed other solutions which we aren't aware of. In case you haven't seen it yet, there are also a few alternative solutions in this thread here. In particular the 3rd post in that thread may be worth a try.

In any case, there is no need to argue - or get salty. The fact that you are getting angry about free support and free games/DLC - even if in your individual case they aren't working - is not good, to put it with all possible respect. Smile It's best for you to take a break from this, and try again sometime else. Your choice though. 


P.S. Sim Architect was saying that you should stay in this topic here, and not post in multiple places about one and the same issue. So yes, that is spamming, as by the forum rules, to which you agreed when registering here. Again, you should only stay in this thread here. See rule #1:

Games4theworld wrote:(...) If you have more than one problem regarding the same game or software, keep everything in the same topic and DO NOT open more than one topic about the same problem with the game or software in question. Double-posting, spamming and/or posting your problem all over the forum will result in a warning and eventually a (permanent) ban! OPEN YOUR OWN TOPIC FOR YOUR OWN PROBLEM(S) AND DO NOT POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN OTHER TOPICS, even if seems like you're dealing with the same issue!

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19694
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin isn't running" or No DLC showing in game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum