Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by phflyer8784 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 03:35

due to some computer issues I had to reinstall the sims 4 and gtw. Installed both before with no issue. This time thought its not going so well. When I installed just the base game I got an error when opening saying it needed to be updated, same after I installed gtw. So I thought the fix would well fix all that, lol 
Installed the fix and now getting the unable to start because origin is not running error. 
I moved the sims 4 into the program files x86 folder per instructions and still getting the same error. I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great!

phflyer8784
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 1369
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07
Age : 33
Location : Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 05:28

phflyer8784 wrote:due to some computer issues I had to reinstall the sims 4 and gtw. Installed both before with no issue. This time thought its not going so well. When I installed just the base game I got an error when opening saying it needed to be updated, same after I installed gtw. So I thought the fix would well fix all that, lol 
Installed the fix and now getting the unable to start because origin is not running error. 
I moved the sims 4 into the program files x86 folder per instructions and still getting the same error. I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great!


Hello and welcome to the forum,

Do you have a legit base game of The Sims 4 on Origin ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14315
Points : 18994
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by phflyer8784 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 13:58

Carlos wrote:
phflyer8784 wrote:due to some computer issues I had to reinstall the sims 4 and gtw. Installed both before with no issue. This time thought its not going so well. When I installed just the base game I got an error when opening saying it needed to be updated, same after I installed gtw. So I thought the fix would well fix all that, lol 
Installed the fix and now getting the unable to start because origin is not running error. 
I moved the sims 4 into the program files x86 folder per instructions and still getting the same error. I don't know what else to try. Any help would be great!


Hello and welcome to the forum,

Do you have a legit base game of The Sims 4 on Origin ?

Hi

Sorry I should of put that in my original post, No I don't have a legit copy, any time Ive played its been through a g4tw download.

phflyer8784
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 1369
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07
Age : 33
Location : Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 14:55

phflyer8784 wrote:
Hi

Sorry I should of put that in my original post, No I don't have a legit copy, any time Ive played its been through a g4tw download.


It's alright, but I'm unsure why you are getting a prompt about "updating the game". Anyhow, did you make sure to configure your Windows Defender properly ? That is very important. For a start, watch Sim Architect's video here:

https://youtu.be/CBHwvwaE2TM



Alternatively (or additionally), read up on my comprehensive written guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015


After configuring your stuff, it might be an idea to start afresh: so un-install your cracked Sims 4, and start over (I hope you still have the original .RAR download files, otherwise you would need to re-download them). Really make sure to configure everything properly, before you re-install the game, or you'll end up with the same problem.

Very very important: you should add the folder where your torrent & internet browser downloads are saved, to the exclusions too ! Typically this should be C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads. But it could be different for you. That is, if you really need to re-download. But it could also be useful in the event for future cracked releases.


Good luck, and take your time for all this !

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14315
Points : 18994
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by phflyer8784 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 15:59

Thanks! I am in the process of redownloading everything to start over, is there something wrong with the fix download? I usually download the torrent version and it wont even let me click on that.
I click on the mediafire one and it acts like it going to start downloading and then comes up with "ts4fix can not download at this time"

phflyer8784
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 1369
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07
Age : 33
Location : Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by phflyer8784 on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:19

Nevermind I got it to download this time (:

phflyer8784
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7
Points : 1369
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07
Age : 33
Location : Central Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:59

Glad you got it!

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4290
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reinstalled sims 4 and gtw, now getting origin not running error :(

Post by Sandroe on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:40

Hello there,

I think there are enough topics with the origin error, so I just do my word in this one ( I hope the TS doesnt mind? )

I got a brandnew laptop, hooray, much fast and stuff.
But, unfortuntly after 3 times in a row uninstall and install, another virusscanner and all the things I read and see on the YT canal from sim architect. It doesn work, it all took me a whole day and I am getting really pist off ( not on you guys! ) but that it just doesnt work...

I dont have time the next couple of days because of school/work & stuff and do not take my new laptop with me, but iff someone can help me, that would be great! I am not in a hurry, on monday I have time to look for it and do whatever will helps.

Thanks. Smile
avatar
Sandroe
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (1, 2, 3, 4)
Female Posts : 8
Points : 2175
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum