2 questions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 questions!

Post by Elubelle on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 01:42

1. Is it possible to change my name on the forum here?

2. Also, is it possible to have the Sims 4 from this site and then the real, bought version of Sims 4 on the same computer?

_________________
The Sims 3 plumbobThe Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob  POLICE IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON 25 UNUSUAL CASES OF SIMS The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob 
                                            DROWNING IN THEIR POOLS. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION
                           The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1  CALL THIS NUMBER : "0007STOP KILLING YOUR SIMS97"         The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1

Elubelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1,2,3
Female Posts : 12
Points : 1450
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:00

@Elubelle wrote:1. Is it possible to change my name on the forum here?

2. Also, is it possible to have the Sims 4 from this site and then the real, bought version of Sims 4 on the same computer?


Hello,


About 1., no, you cannot change your name yourself. Forum Administrators can do that. However, unless you have a good reason (e.g. your current username looks "ridiculous" or something like that), they won't change it.

About 2., normally you should open a separate topic in the TS4 section for that, but I'll make an exception here. Why would you want to have "both a legit game and cracked one" at the same time ? I don't really see any point in that. You may have a look at this here, but still I don't think there is much purpose in that.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18100
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Elubelle on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:09

Carlos wrote:
@Elubelle wrote:1. Is it possible to change my name on the forum here?

2. Also, is it possible to have the Sims 4 from this site and then the real, bought version of Sims 4 on the same computer?


Hello,


About 1., no, you cannot change your name yourself. Forum Administrators can do that. However, unless you have a good reason (e.g. your current username looks "ridiculous" or something like that), they won't change it.

About 2., normally you should open a separate topic in the TS4 section for that, but I'll make an exception here. Why would you want to have "both a legit game and cracked one" at the same time ? I don't really see any point in that. You may have a look at this here, but still I don't think there is much purpose in that.
Heya ty for replying!

So first of all for 1. the nickname that I used appears to be the nickname of someone that is trying to start a gaming channel (if I understood correctly and they asked me nicely if I could change my nickname here and on some other forums and stuff so that if someone googles them it doesn't go back to this website) Do you know how exactly I can get in contact with a Forum Admin to ask for help with this?

Secondly, I have always wanted to own the Sims games and have just recently had the opportunity to buy the base Sims 4 game (to which I will later slowly add expansions) plus it gives me access to the Library Smile

_________________
The Sims 3 plumbobThe Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob  POLICE IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON 25 UNUSUAL CASES OF SIMS The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob 
                                            DROWNING IN THEIR POOLS. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION
                           The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1  CALL THIS NUMBER : "0007STOP KILLING YOUR SIMS97"         The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1

Elubelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1,2,3
Female Posts : 12
Points : 1450
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 02:29

@Elubelle wrote:Heya ty for replying!

So first of all for 1. the nickname that I used appears to be the nickname of someone that is trying to start a gaming channel (if I understood correctly and they asked me nicely if I could change my nickname here and on some other forums and stuff so that if someone googles them it doesn't go back to this website) Do you know how exactly I can get in contact with a Forum Admin to ask for help with this?

Secondly, I have always wanted to own the Sims games and have just recently had the opportunity to buy the base Sims 4 game (to which I will later slowly add expansions) plus it gives me access to the Library Smile


I'm wondering how that other person got in touch with you about this (excuse me) weird "request" ? Did they google your nickname and PM you in at least one forum ? For me, the fact that another user "does not want to get mixed up with you, hence does not like your username", does not constitute a sufficient reason for a username change. But feel free to wait for a second opinion from an Admin. They will reply to this thread here the next time they come online.

From a personal perspective though, if someone told me that, I would tell them to go to hell. Seriously. There is no copyright on internet nicknames (unless that name may be some commercial brand, etc.). That user should just choose another username for the "gaming channel". You chose that name first, so why should you bow to the wishes of someone thinking he or she can become famous with a gaming channel ?

You don't need to actually install the legit base game from Origin, if you just want to access the gallery. First of all, read this here and do the steps mentioned there. That will help prevent automatic updates. Then you simply go on installing the cracked TS4 base game, Get to Work and Ultimate fix. Base game + Get to Work are available here. Ultimate fix is here.

And if you want to access the gallery, log into your Origin account, and then start up the (cracked) Sims 4. Make sure to access the gallery only from the main menu, and after downloading from the gallery, exit the game and then exit Origin. After which you can start TS4 again.


//EDIT

Consider it also from the following perspective @Elubelle. If we start changing your username on the grounds that "someone else outside" doesn't like it or wants to have it as his/her own (because that's what it essentially boils down to !), then it's going to set a very dangerous precedent. Where would that lead to ? It would essentially lead to people from outside dictating what usernames the users of this community are "allowed" to have. 

Imagine someone else "from outside" coming to me and demanding I change my username here because he doesn't want to get mixed up with me, and wants to be a celebrity on another forum. Does that sound OK ? Of course not. And I bet that whoever demanded from you to change your nickname, did not consider this tiny little detail, that can have huge implications.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18100
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:44

Why should you change your name? You had it first. They can find another username WhatDidUJustCallMe?
avatar
coolcandy3001
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*
Female Posts : 333
Points : 1208
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 16
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 24 Oct 2015, 16:40

Carlos wrote:

You don't need to actually install the legit base game from Origin, if you just want to access the gallery. First of all, read this here and do the steps mentioned there. That will help prevent automatic updates. Then you simply go on installing the cracked TS4 base game, Get to Work and Ultimate fix. Base game + Get to Work are available here. Ultimate fix is here.

And if you want to access the gallery, log into your Origin account, and then start up the (cracked) Sims 4. Make sure to access the gallery only from the main menu, and after downloading from the gallery, exit the game and then exit Origin. After which you can start TS4 again.
That is GREAT ADVICE up there, @Carlos! Would you like to create a topic with those instructions at the tips area with that info? You really put something of HUGE value in a very compact and easy to understand / use way!!!

Cookie from Carlos Tea 5 Tea 5 Cookie from Carlos

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4170
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by AspiringPro on Tue 27 Oct 2015, 18:57

Well only issue is that (this is a problem other people may be having as well), when I try opening up Sims 4 after opening Origin, I just get the "Origin is not running" message again, whereas it usually works.  Is there a way to get around that?
-----------------------------------------------------------Fixed---------------------------------------------------------

And then when you finally get it to open up with Origin and try opening up the Gallery, it asks you to either Connect or Stay Offline, you choose Connect and then it forever stays in "Attempting to Connect"...that's pretty unnerving because you can't tell if its going to mess up your copy or not. Is that a sign a potentionally-game-ruining problem?

AspiringPro
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 21
Points : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 12:43

Hi! You need to handle your anti virus properly even BEFORE starting to download. My video has the link to the Origin DLL torrent only, you can try it, then overwrite the one you have in your game binaries folder (link in the video's description below).

Also, if you have time ant patience, it would be nice to watch the video and see what you did differently, I guess you probably missed handling your anti virus or you did not move your game out of the Electronic Arts folder, neither ran it as administrator from the folder where it is, if it doesn't work from the shortcut (also "as administrator").

Please, keep us posted, so we can help you further if necessary!

Tea 5 Tea 5




How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4170
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 13:33

@AspiringPro wrote:Well only issue is that (this is a problem other people may be having as well), when I try opening up Sims 4 after opening Origin, I just get the "Origin is not running" message again, whereas it usually works.  Is there a way to get around that?
-----------------------------------------------------------Fixed---------------------------------------------------------

And then when you finally get it to open up with Origin and try opening up the Gallery, it asks you to either Connect or Stay Offline, you choose Connect and then it forever stays in "Attempting to Connect"...that's pretty unnerving because you can't tell if its going to mess up your copy or not. Is that a sign a potentionally-game-ruining problem?


If you wish to discuss about Sims 4, please use the forum sections labelled as "The Sims 4". The OP's choice here of combining a general question with a Sims 4-related issue was a bit awkward, but still I replied to that above too. Before this gets out of hand though, please stick to the correct forum sections. Thanks.

I tip my fedora.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18100
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 questions!

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 28 Oct 2015, 14:13

Carlos wrote:
@AspiringPro wrote:Well only issue is that (this is a problem other people may be having as well), when I try opening up Sims 4 after opening Origin, I just get the "Origin is not running" message again, whereas it usually works.  Is there a way to get around that?
-----------------------------------------------------------Fixed---------------------------------------------------------

And then when you finally get it to open up with Origin and try opening up the Gallery, it asks you to either Connect or Stay Offline, you choose Connect and then it forever stays in "Attempting to Connect"...that's pretty unnerving because you can't tell if its going to mess up your copy or not. Is that a sign a potentionally-game-ruining problem?


If you wish to discuss about Sims 4, please use the forum sections labelled as "The Sims 4". The OP's choice here of combining a general question with a Sims 4-related issue was a bit awkward, but still I replied to that above too. Before this gets out of hand though, please stick to the correct forum sections. Thanks.

I tip my fedora.
It wasn't an OP's choice, the user opened one topic with two unrelated questions.

Weren't you the first OP that replied? I guess you could have split the topic and warned the user back then...

Since the major subject of this topic is related to the game, I am MOVING this entire topic to a Sims 4 area, but I don't feel like it's possible to split topic this anymore, since there are lots of answers on both subjects together.

Let's have some tea...

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4170
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum