Installing The Sims 4 on D: drive. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing The Sims 4 on D: drive. [SOLVED]

Post by Daphoenyx on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 19:59

Hello everyone, I don't know if this has already been addressed, I tried to look but didn't find anything.

Anyway, I was trying to install your version of The Sims 4 on D (I don't have enough space on C) and even though I selected the right path during installation, it always ends up installed on C. I tried multiple times. How can I work around this issue? Sad

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims series, The Elder Scrolls series, Assassin's Creed series + a bunch of adventure games
Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing The Sims 4 on D: drive. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:05

@Daphoenyx wrote:Hello everyone, I don't know if this has already been addressed, I tried to look but didn't find anything.

Anyway, I was trying to install your version of The Sims 4 on D (I don't have enough space on C) and even though I selected the right path during installation, it always ends up installed on C. I tried multiple times. How can I work around this issue? Sad

Hello,

With our current installer, I'm afraid you can't directly work around it. There is this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

But you will need to install the game on C: first. And then move it elsewhere (in your case the D: drive). Despite what the guide says, it seems to be possible though to just move the install folder elsewhere, and leave the registry as it is - that's what I at least got in my testing. Smile 

When moving the install folder, make sure to delete all of the old TS4.exe shortcuts, and create a new one before playing the game. Good luck !

P.S. maybe we will release another TS4 base game in the future, that is "easier" to handle. But we'll see.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:27

Carlos! Thank you so much for directing me to that thread!! I'm now downloading The Sims 4 from your downloads page, will install it on C, move it to D, and then apply the ultimate fix. Would that work?

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims series, The Elder Scrolls series, Assassin's Creed series + a bunch of adventure games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:40

@Daphoenyx wrote:Carlos! Thank you so much for directing me to that thread!! I'm now downloading The Sims 4 from your downloads page, will install it on C, move it to D, and then apply the ultimate fix. Would that work?

After installing the base game, you should download and install "Get to Work". From this page:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install instructions are included. And THEN you download and apply the "Ultimate fix" + the small fix addition on this page:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Again, the install order is strictly TS4 Base Game -> Get to Work -> Ultimate fix -> Fix addition. The small fix addition just contains a "Delta"-folder, which you also copy + paste into your TS4 install location, overwriting the old files. And when you're done, you will have TS4 and all cracked DLC (but not the Spooky Pack, because it hasn't been cracked yet).

Good luck again !  I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 23:26

Thanks so much and I'm sorry that I'm still bothering you  Why. 

I got the "correct order" now (I missed the Get to Work expansion), but at what point can I move everything into D? Right after the installation of the base game? Or after eeeeverything is installed (including the ultimate fix)? I'm new here.

(ETA: and since Get to Work came out before Spa Day and Kitchen Stuff, don't I need to download those as well?)

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 23:29

@Daphoenyx wrote:Thanks so much and I'm sorry that I'm still bothering you  Why. 

I got the "correct order" now (I missed the Get to Work expansion), but at what point can I move everything into D? Right after the installation of the base game? Or after eeeeverything is installed (including the ultimate fix)? I'm new here.

Doesn't matter. You can move the install folder "The Sims 4" already right after you install the base game (and when it has been moved to the new location, apply Get to Work, the Ultimate Fix and the Fix Addition there, then).

This might be the better solution for you (moving right after installing the base game), if you're short on space in the C: drive.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 23:30

Awesome! Thanks Carlos!!! All Hail Carlos!

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 01:50

I don't know what's going on, but after installing The Sims 4, moving it to D, changing the registry etc, the game won't launch and the icon even turned into a .par file Facepalm  what am I doing wrong? Wat.

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 07:10

@Daphoenyx wrote:I don't know what's going on, but after installing The Sims 4, moving it to D, changing the registry etc, the game won't launch and the icon even turned into a .par file Facepalm  what am I doing wrong? Wat.

It's because your anti-virus is interfering with the crack. Go into your anti-virus "quarantine" and see if you can restore the crack files, or even if they are still there. Also add the install location of your TS4-folder to the "exclusions" of the anti-virus.

If there is nothing to restore in the quarantine, please add all your relevant install location(s) to the exclusions still, and then re-apply the latest Ultimate fix + Fox addition (I hope you still have the .RAR of these downloads).

For a more comprehensive approach, see either Sim Architect's video guide here or my post here. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphoenyx on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 21:19

Carlos, I finally had the time to uninstall everything and try again, and indeed it worked! It was the antivirus software that was playing tricks on me. I can't thank you enough for your support!!! Dedicated to Carlos Dedicated to Carlos Dedicated to Carlos Dedicated to Carlos

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Daphoenyx
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum