Mass Effect 1 problem with installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect 1 problem with installation

Post by Ricoco7891 on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:37

I am very very new to this forum so I apologize if I am posting this in a wrong place.

So, I downloaded Mass Effect 1 just because I wanted to play through the trilogy. (yes, I have never played this game before lol)

Here's the problem: when I type in the key for installation, a pop up, well, pops up and says "Installation Cancelled. The installation of Mass Effect has been cancelled. To run the installer again, please run setup."

Also, before anyone mentions it, I have already read topics regarding this problem, I have tried solutions people wrote, but sadly none worked for me.

What I also find intriguing is that when I type in an obviously wrong key, it always says: "You have entered an invalid code. Please check that you entered the code correctly". But, when I type in a code that is supposed to be legit, installation cancels immediately.

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it so SO much. I am dying to get into Mass Effect. If not, well, thanks anyway.

EDIT: I was able to bypass the whole key thing by deleting one file, but now I have another problem. While the game is being installed, during the extraction, a pop up says "Error opening file for writing: D:\Mass Effect\saferun.exe

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip the file."

No matter what I try to do, I can't get it to continue with the installation.

Last edited by Ricoco7891 on Sun 01 Nov 2015, 01:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I had some progress regarding this issue of mine)

Ricoco7891
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mass Effect 1 problem with installation

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 18:07

Sorry you're having problems installing the game. Even though I never tried it myself (I don't even know the game at all, sorry), that "retry/abort/ignore" message should go away if you select "ignore", usually, anytime any program gives that warning.

Try running the installer again, but "as administrator" instead of just double clicking it. Maybe it helps. Otherwise, please, keep us posted, so someone with more experience can assist you better.

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top