Error during startup.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during startup.

Post by gingertania1985 on Mon 02 Nov 2015, 23:49

hello!!!!!!! I've followed your video step by step 4 times took me long hours to install and uninstall.I'm facing the same log on for more details problem. Please please repost the video or a guide. I'm sims frick and i'm so really sad!

gingertania1985
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error during startup.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 13:57

@gingertania1985 wrote:hello!!!!!!! I've followed your video step by step 4 times took me long hours to install and uninstall.I'm facing the same log on for more details problem. Please please repost the video or a guide. I'm sims frick and i'm so really sad!

Hello and welcome,

Topic split. For now, I'm afraid you will have to do without a video, and instead deal with a written post here. Smile  Press the Windows key + R, and in the next window type regedit. Hit enter. Now navigate to the following location if you have a 64-bit Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims 

Or this location if your Windows is a 32-bit version:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims

Unfold this "Sims"-entry and look what folders are there. Compare this to all expansions that you have installed currently. Now, if there is a folder in the registry about an expansion that you DON'T have, please right-click on the registry subfolder and select "delete". Repeat that until the folders in the registry match the expansions that you have installed on your computer. When done, close the registry editor and repeat applying the manual patch and the Ultimate fix (steps #2 and #5 here).

Now try the game again.

The reason we haven't done anything about those videos yet is because if we uploaded again on YouTube, they would be taken down soon again. We yet have to evaluate other options (if there are any practical ones). Until then I'm sorry, but there's only so much we can do. Good luck though !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gingertania1985 on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:01

Hello guys, I've tried that and the game still gives me the same error. I'm so sad and desperate. What might be wrong?

gingertania1985
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:12

@gingertania1985 wrote:Hello guys, I've tried that and the game still gives me the same error. I'm so sad and desperate. What might be wrong?

Did you maybe move any of the install folders of TS3 (or any expansion), after you installed them ? For example, did you move any install folder to a different file location or hard-drive ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gingertania1985 on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:18

no. no I didn't move anything I have been trying to upload a photo but it won't upload

Do you mean the folders needed to install the game? if so yes i moved them to save some space. is it the case that this is wrong? what should I do?

gingertania1985
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:31

@gingertania1985 wrote:no. no I didn't move anything I have been trying to upload a photo but it won't upload

Do ypu mean the folders needed to install the game? if so yes i moved them to save some space. is it the case that this is wrong? what shold I do?

No, I meant the actual installation location of the game. The folders that are created (by default) in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts. But it's OK in your case. Smile  

If you really did the steps from my first reply, and properly too, then I'm not sure what else to suggest. Windows OS is unforgiving when you even do a small mistake while installing/uninstalling. It is possible that during your previous installations/uninstallations, you made a small mistake somewhere, and this is still causing problems.

Look for "Your Un-installer Pro", here, and install it:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Now, select the base game of TS3 + all expansions. Each time, select "Super Mode" and follow the on-screen instructions regarding the un-install. When you are done with everything, please re-boot the computer - which is very important !

After that I suggest you take a pause from that, because the uninstallation will be painful enough, even with a simple program like Your Uninstaller. Smile  And when you feel better, give it another try and re-install the stuff, following this guide here again.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to do it properly, and you should only do this when you feel good enough for it and have enough time. Many people underestimate this and "try for hours and hours" and eventually make a mistake somewhere. 

Good luck, but that's all I can do for now. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gingertania1985 on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 22:50

Thank you do u mean the hunter mode? there is no super mode anywhere

gingertania1985
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 02:07

@gingertania1985 wrote:Thank you do u mean the hunter mode? there is no super mode anywhere

You need to actually double-click on a program on the list that shows up when starting up "Your Un-installer". Then you will get the Super-Mode uninstall option.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gingertania1985 on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 22:32

HEY Guys, thanks for the advice, unfortunately it doesn't work after doing everything u said, THANKS ANYWAY
The second time actually there was no problem with deleting everything was in place and no need to delete any expansions

gingertania1985
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum