Can't Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Texan21 on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 17:59

I downloaded Town Life from your torrent and I don't know how to "install" because of it's format. But the launcher works. I followed the Installation that was included in the "Ultimate Fix" and I get to the installation of the update and the game says "Files have been modified, please re-install." Here's the log for all of the errors and types of errors. What have I done wrong?

I am on a Mac so I don't know how I would install your version of Town Life because of the ".exe" file.

MOD EDIT: Moved to the right section.

-NARONG30

Last edited by Admin on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more details)

Texan21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Narong30 on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 20:42

Texan21 wrote:I downloaded Town Life from your torrent and I don't know how to "install" because of it's format. But the launcher works. I followed the Installation that was included in the "Ultimate Fix" and I get to the installation of the update and the game says "Files have been modified, please re-install." Here's the log for all of the errors and types of errors. What have I done wrong?

I am on a Mac so I don't know how I would install your version of Town Life because of the ".exe" file.

MOD EDIT: Moved to the right section.

-NARONG30

Update error can be fixed by reading and follow the guide given in THIS topic.

Please update us, if this guide solve your problem Smile

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Narong30
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by godismykey on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 20:50

When you download Town Life, or any other expansion pack for that matter, you have to use Stuffit Expander to expand the .Zip files. After it's expanded to a separate folder (usually with the same name), open Disk Utility and Image that folder. When you're done, open the new disk, and install!

After installing it, DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING MANUALLY. Open the new expansion pack, and update it. After updating, close it. And in order to play successfully, download the No DVD Fix or patch from Gamecopyworld, or apply the Ultimate fix patch. Open the newly updated and manually modified game, and play. Just click continue playing when something pops up.

godismykey
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Texan21 on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 17:43

May I ask why exactly we have to download the torrent if we have the retail version? What is the significance of the torrented version to the retail version? Aren't the files the same? My issue is this. I didn't have problems updating until this latest update. I simply put the original files back to the base game, updated, and then cracked over originals. The issue this time is that this update is not only looking at the original or the base game and Generations/Town Life, but all games in between. I put the original files back from the Ultimate Fix download, but it still says the files have been modified.

Last edited by Texan21 on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 17:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More details.)

Texan21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 18:02

Texan21 wrote:May I ask why exactly we have to download the torrent if we have the retail version? What is the significance of the torrented version to the retail version? Aren't the files the same? My issue is this. I didn't have problems updating until this latest update. I simply put the original files back to the base game, updated, and then cracked over originals. The issue this time is that this update is not only looking at the original or the base game and Generations/Town Life, but all games in between. I put the original files back from the Ultimate Fix download, but it still says the files have been modified.

In my opinion, you've mess with the file without you noticed it. have you try to re-install back?

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Narong30
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Texan21 on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:15

I didn't mess with those files because I didn't know they existed. But I uninstalled and reinstalled so that was my solution. But thanks anyway.

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

- ADMIN

Texan21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum