Version problem with get to work DLC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Version problem with get to work DLC.

Post by Opheliakc on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 20:38

Hello, I first installed update with stuff packs played for days and now I installed get to work dlc and now game says game documents are created from newer version of game etc etc.
Will it be fixed when I install update from here or it will mess up the dlc?
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : I no longer have a laptop.
Female Posts : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Version problem with get to work DLC.

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 22:36

Hi!

Please, first, remember to backup your folder "The Sims 4" inside your Documents folder everytime you're experimenting.

Second, you are getting this error because:
  1. You had a newer version (probably the one you mention, with Cool Kitchen Stuff etc, which is newer) or;
  2. You had the original game (which updates itself to the latest), and now you're playing with the "free" one.

So, for situation 1 you can just use the stuff from my video below, and follow the instructions in it (and use the torrents linked there, please, not the latest ultimate fix, which won't include Get to Work neither Granite Falls).

For situation 2, it's unlikely you will be able to play with a "free" copy of the game, at least until a new version of the fix/crack comes (which may be with Get Together, or later), but you can try renaming your The Sims 4 folder inside your Documents to something else, then you run the game, close it. Open the folder with your saves (in the renamed folder), and copy the saves manually to the newly created folder.

That is it for now, please keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opheliakc on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:12

Hi, I installed spa days and all at first from here, then when I installed get to work dlc it lowered games version. But I installed spa days etc and it updated version and fixed. There's still problems with get to work items but it's okay I guess
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:54

Oh, sorry to hear that. Take a look at the topic below and let me know if that's your problem...

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-get-to-work-and-the-ultimate-fix

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opheliakc on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 21:29

I have that world, but everything about get to work is wrong. Stuffs are not useable. I mean all stuff. Like rooms and science stuff. I can put them down but they can not be used. When I go to work goals are not showing up, there's no text. Besides that everything is working...
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 00:53

@Opheliakc wrote:I have that world, but everything about get to work is wrong. Stuffs are not useable. I mean all stuff. Like rooms and science stuff. I can put them down but they can not be used. When I go to work goals are not showing up, there's no text. Besides that everything is working...

You got one of the previous fix versions, which were a bit "defective". Please re-download the Ultimate fix from the opening post here (the links were changed 2 days ago):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

This "new" fix should help you remedy those in-game glitches about "Get to Work". Good luck !

P.S. the installation order is always Sims 4 Base Game -> Get to Work -> Ultimate fix.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13490

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opheliakc on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 19:13

Yes it fixed, thank you very much!
Opheliakc
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum