Can't select an option in DEP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by Iroca on Wed 11 Nov 2015, 04:05

Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running

Iroca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 18
Points : 738
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 07:02

@Iroca wrote:Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running


//MOVED


Hello,


Please don't apply the 4GB patch on the TS4.exe; that is not going to work. For now, please re-apply the latest Ultimate fix. After that...why is the DEP option greyed out for you ? Did you or somebody else turn off DEP completely on that computer ?

To test that, run the command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the Windows logo in Windows 8 + 10, and select Command Prompt Administrator). Now type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn. And hit enter. This will turn on DEP. Re-boot the computer. Then go back to the option where you can set the DEP "for Windows only" or whatever the exact wording is. See if it's not greyed out anymore.

Also, have you tried lowering some graphics settings (especially useful if you have a weaker computer) ?

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13459
Points : 17754
Reputation : 1882
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by Iroca on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 09:05

Carlos wrote:
@Iroca wrote:Hi my sims 4 is stopped working and search the problem in this forum. Then I went to Turn on blablabla in DEP but it's all grey out. How to select option on it? I don't want to use bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff. Also I use 4gb patch then run the and Origin is not running


//MOVED


Hello,


Please don't apply the 4GB patch on the TS4.exe; that is not going to work. For now, please re-apply the latest Ultimate fix. After that...why is the DEP option greyed out for you ? Did you or somebody else turn off DEP completely on that computer ?

To test that, run the command prompt as Administrator (right-click on the Windows logo in Windows 8 + 10, and select Command Prompt Administrator). Now type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn. And hit enter. This will turn on DEP. Re-boot the computer. Then go back to the option where you can set the DEP "for Windows only" or whatever the exact wording is. See if it's not greyed out anymore.

Also, have you tried lowering some graphics settings (especially useful if you have a weaker computer) ?

Does turning AlwaysOff DEP will fix the crash? Like stopped working.

Iroca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 18
Points : 738
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't select an option in DEP.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:57

@Iroca wrote:
Does turning AlwaysOff DEP will fix the crash? Like stopped working.


I'm sorry for the late reply,


In the meantime, I actually wrote this here, in case you haven't seen it yet:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-04-12-2015


Yes, the "nx AlwaysOff" can help too, but it's no guarantee. Crashings can have many reasons, and crash causes can vary from system to system. Feel free to check out the thread I just linked to. Good luck !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13459
Points : 17754
Reputation : 1882
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum