''Origin must be running to run the game'' even though I did everything I'm suppose to. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

''Origin must be running to run the game'' even though I did everything I'm suppose to. [SOLVED]

Post by mariie on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 01:46

Helloo  I tip my fedora.

As my title says, I've just installed the base game, added GTW and then added the ultimate fix on top of it, I don't have any anti-virus on my computer so that shouldn't be a problem, but I still get the message that my origin needs to be running when I play the game each times I start the app. (I tried so many times, trust me, I'm going insane) 

My origin isn't open, and even though I open it, well it clearly doesn't do anything (it's not suppose to anyways), so I was wondering what are the causes that lead to this and how I can fix that problem because I can't launch the game at all... I've cut the file in programfiles / electronic arts and then pasted it in the programfiles just like in Sim_Architect's (sorry if I'm spelling that wrong I is confused) video, so I'm guessing it can't be it either unless that's not what we're suppose to do... 

You are free to ask me any questions about how I downloaded it, I just didn't feel like writing such a big paragraph if it's not necessary  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Mariie

mariie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : Every sims games, minecraft, cities skylines, simcity 2013
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''Origin must be running to run the game'' even though I did everything I'm suppose to. [SOLVED]

Post by AzureWolf9 on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 09:39

I had the exact same problem Sad
But all I did was move it back to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts folder 
Tried to run t again (Didn't work)
And then moved it back out to C:\Program Files (x86) folder and then it opened fine!

I hope you can get it to work! Good luck!

AzureWolf9
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ''Origin must be running to run the game'' even though I did everything I'm suppose to. [SOLVED]

Post by mariie on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 15:51

Hi! Thank you a lot for your answer Smile 

I actually magically managed to get i work yesterday, I dont know how it happened but if it ever happens to someone here's how I did it in a way? 

I downloaded sim architect origin.dll (something like that) file thinking it might have been that, since I noticed yesterday that my windows defender was on and that might have been what **** up the thing. I replaced it in my file and tried, but this time I got the ''Missing data to run the game'' message. After flipping a few tables I repared the installation thinking it would work but it only created another sims 4 folder in the programfiles(x88)/electronicarts folder so I decided to uninstall everything, cut everything and cleaned my whole sims 4 folders (I noticed I had the sims 4 installed in several places which might be why it **** up), reinstalled again, this time making sure my windows defender was off. 

I did everything as told, cut the folder in /electronicarts to put it in the /programfiles(x88) instead, crossed my fingers and started the game from the file (I didnt create an icon because everytime I did it didn't work)

AND IT WORKED! Since I replaced everything I didnt replace the origin.dll extension and it worked still, so windows defender might have had destroyed the crack when I downloaded it the first time.. That's what I think anyways, since I have no idea why it's working now...  WhatDidUJustCallMe? Cookie from Carlos

I hope this can help the people that still have problems with it! 

Mariie

mariie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : Every sims games, minecraft, cities skylines, simcity 2013
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nyxielynn on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 22:56

AzureWolf9 wrote:I had the exact same problem Sad
But all I did was move it back to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts folder 
Tried to run t again (Didn't work)
And then moved it back out to C:\Program Files (x86) folder and then it opened fine!

I hope you can get it to work! Good luck!

Just tried this and it worked for me, thanks!  Going to try on my sister's now as well.

It's so weird. Mine was working for a while after I applied the fix then earlier this week gave me the origin error.  My sisters I JUST installed and applied the fix to night before last and she got the error right away.

Mod edit: since the OP's problem is apparently solved, I will close the thread now. Smile

- Carlos
nyxielynn
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down